Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell
MW2 > COD4 in my opinion. I'm a little biased, though, because back when COD4 was out I was still a Halo fanatic.

Black Ops is just plain garbage. They're only successful because they're riding MW2's coat tails.
And to expand... Treyarch is only successful because they rode on Infinity Ward's coat tails.

Sas, somewhat true. But it was still good.

Dave, I simply don't care when I play anymore. I grab my gearbag out of its corner, dust off my Cobra, pull out my car charger, and charge it on my way to the field (about an hour and a half away, so its at least half charged). Once there, I drop some oil into the ASA, fire a couple dry fire shots, and toss everything else on it.

On the field I'm yelling at the other team and my own, sometimes carrying on conversations as we're playing. If I get bored, I run down the snake and hop into their snake 1 and finish it. Seriously. The only time it changes is when I play X-Ball with the field's team, which only rarely occurs. In that case it's merely a task of trying to get paint on the field owner (very good friend of mine) before he runs me down. I could care less about the other players on the field at that point.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Soc Gdt

tim, in the past Treyarch has always had a superior story line but inferior MP.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm Back!

CoD4 plays well, but I end up missing some features they have added in later iterations. Black Ops has gotten the most play from me since CoD4. I hated WaW multiplayer, and MW2 was just so broken from the start.

I have an interview tomorrow at Staples. Yay retail! But really I just need a job, so I'm quite pleased with it.

Three years is too long without paintball.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 PM
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
tim, in the past Treyarch has always had a superior story line but inferior MP.
I'd agree on the story line. That's it, though. Gameplay, graphics, multiplayer, etc. are all better in MW2/COD4.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:18 PM
New Guy.. Who's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwithPride View Post
Console gaming is gay. End of thread.

Kthxbai.
Nub, all the games we've spoken about are on compooter also... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
And to expand... Treyarch is only successful because they rode on Infinity Ward's coat tails.

Sas, somewhat true. But it was still good.

Dave, I simply don't care when I play anymore. I grab my gearbag out of its corner, dust off my Cobra, pull out my car charger, and charge it on my way to the field (about an hour and a half away, so its at least half charged). Once there, I drop some oil into the ASA, fire a couple dry fire shots, and toss everything else on it.

On the field I'm yelling at the other team and my own, sometimes carrying on conversations as we're playing. If I get bored, I run down the snake and hop into their snake 1 and finish it. Seriously. The only time it changes is when I play X-Ball with the field's team, which only rarely occurs. In that case it's merely a task of trying to get paint on the field owner (very good friend of mine) before he runs me down. I could care less about the other players on the field at that point.
I don't see a point in playing if you don't care, at least with something as expensive as paintball. When I played, I didn't care if I won or lost, if that's what you mean (although winning tended to be more gratifying).
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
wat

I haven't seen the fun in paintball in several years. You get stuck playing against people who sit at the very back bunkers just laying down pod after pod with their full-auto or ramping. It's just un-interesting to me.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
No more Pablo San Lucas, you'll have to reset your title because I can't remember what it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by leed View Post
Nub, all the games we've spoken about are on compooter also... :P

I don't see a point in playing if you don't care, at least with something as expensive as paintball. When I played, I didn't care if I won or lost, if that's what you mean (although winning tended to be more gratifying).
Ya, but you are directing them towards consoles! YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post
I haven't seen the fun in paintball in several years. You get stuck playing against people who sit at the very back bunkers just laying down pod after pod with their full-auto or ramping. It's just un-interesting to me.
Yeah, this.

I went last summer for the first time in years. Not only were there a total of 5 people who knew how to play skillfully, the rest were all just sitting at the back cans throwing ropes.

I was kind of hoping my first time playing again would be fun and competitive, and make me want to get back into the sport. Honestly, it didn't even make me want to break my old Imagine out of storage and clean it.

Maybe there will be some fun crowds when I move to Wisconsin, but middle Tennessee is the reason I quit before and the reason I still don't play.

Three years is too long without paintball.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

you guys need to come here. 80% of the people that play are still in school, 50% shoot pumps, a few tippys, and of course the general electro-flinging ramping asshats, but theyre just on a "team" and good friends with the [old] owner. new owner seems like a good guy and hes not the one to take crap.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-22-2011, 07:25 PM
wat

I have no intention of playing again. It's ridiculously expensive and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.