Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYNEWMR2

Wow. I heard it was pretty much the same as their 3G but with a different name... Apparently not!!!
If you aren't in one of their LTE areas, yeah, it will be 3G speeds.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-11-2011, 02:02 PM
wat

Default Re: Soc Gdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
What is driving the Evo Shift? I thought it was a 1ghz Snapdragon.

Sounds to me like you are trying to justify to yourself another Apple product, Doc. Why is dual core in a phone bad? Think of the possibilities. It will be the future, mark my words.
I'm not trying to justify another Apple product. Read through my other posts. Android has pros. It's the fact that they're throwing more hardware at it rather than address its problems that makes me mad.

Explain to me how Apple can make the iPhone the standard for all mobile devices (and don't argue it, because everyone knows it's true) but yet they're using fairly mid-range hardware? iOS is not perfect. But the hardware/software combination is certainly beautiful.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

doc, as i said before, dual core = better battery life: http://www.dailytech.com/Dualcore+AR...ticle15425.htm

and josh, you should really try it out. im against on-screen keyboards, but the evo's screen is big enough i have no problem typing on it.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell

I'm not trying to justify another Apple product. Read through my other posts. Android has pros. It's the fact that they're throwing more hardware at it rather than address its problems that makes me mad.

Explain to me how Apple can make the iPhone the standard for all mobile devices (and don't argue it, because everyone knows it's true) but yet they're using fairly mid-range hardware? iOS is not perfect. But the hardware/software combination is certainly beautiful.
When the software catches up to the hardware, I do not think you will have these issues. I agree completely, Android is not yet fully optimized. But when it is, I want to be one of those with the best. At this point in time, that lies with the Atrix, with 1gb of RAM and a dual core 1ghz. Since I refuse to go with AT&T, I will have to wait until HTC brings up a competitor that smashes the Atrix to little bits and pisses all over it... not too big of a deal since I have to wait until June anyways.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-11-2011, 04:52 PM

Respected, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
What is driving the Evo Shift? I thought it was a 1ghz Snapdragon.
800MHz Qualcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
and josh, you should really try it out. im against on-screen keyboards, but the evo's screen is big enough i have no problem typing on it.
Yeah, I think I'm going to try to go down to the Sprint store tomorrow, as long as I'm not still coughing my head off. I have to wait until my mom gets back from Chicago to get the phone anyway, since its her name on the account.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-11-2011, 05:49 PM

interesting tidbit of information. the G2 runs an 800mhz qualcomm yet it benchmarks faster than the Galaxy S phones (running a leaked 2.2 ROM) by about 400 points!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
wat

I didn't know phones were still running on a 65nm architecture. 45nm would be more power-friendly.

I am waiting until June anyway, so we'll see what happens between now and then. I'm not really leaning one way or the other at this point.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 PM

i gotta find my paperwork for when i had my phone sent in, im tired of this flip phone. T9 sucks!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunut View Post
I'm looking at getting a new phone right now. I'm with Sprint and I'm trying to decide between the Evo 4g and the Evo 4g Shift. The regular Evo has a faster processor, cameras on front and back and a 4.3" screen. Evo Shift has a slide out keyboard, which is a big draw for me because I really don't like screen keyboards. I should probably go down to the Sprint store and compare the "feel" of them.

Just so you know the Evo shift actually has the fast processor, its clocked at 800 but its a gen 2 snapdragon, evo has the 1st gen snapdragon. Quadrant score on my evo shift is 1543 vs my cousins evo coming in 1193. Not to mention he has an extended battery in his evo and still can't make it through the day without charging it atleast once mid day. With fairly heavy use I have ended my days still in the 40-50% range on the battery.

I was trying to decide between the evo, evo shift and epic. Right away the epic got marked off, felt very poorly made compared to the shift. I couldn't be happier with the evo shift right now, real keyboard is a huge plus for me. I hate virtual touchscreen BS. I have wanted a nice slider android ever since I ditched my blackberry.

Unless you want a huge screen its really no contest IMO.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

I just got off the phone with a Mr. Gary Baum, I got a pro level media pass for PSP galveston

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........