Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Default Re: Soc Gdt

I love android and definitely wouldn't switch to iphone. IMO iOS has nothing to offer over android. Not to mention the iphone call quality is beyond terrible.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 01-09-2011, 06:18 PM
wat

See..I don't get that. I had an iPhone and the call quality was amazing. Battery life was amazing.

I do love the notification bar and launcher on Android, plus I have established a pretty good number of apps that can do everything I want (rooted, of course), so I may stick with Android. It really depends on what the battery life is, honestly. If they can solve that one issue, I'd be pretty sold on Android over iOS. My Droid can do about 15 hours before really worrying about a charge, but the iPhone can do 2-3 days.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Deltafreak

my ally android does about 10 hrs and its shot, Im in sales so i use my phone 6-8 hrs a day between texting talking etc...... The battery life and software issue is what kills me the software in it keeps dumping my memory card.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrell View Post

Android is nice, but it's not yet iOS. There really aren't very many pros for Android over iOS. DEEP Google integration is a nice feature, but then again the iPhone can do a lot of the same stuff with various apps. I'd try both and just see what you like.
to play the devils advocate: iOS4 is nothing special. they both do the same thing, minus apples integration with its other devices, but samsung does that too. personally, i have never seen the need to link my phone with my computer. if i need to transfer a file between the two, it gets uploaded to dropbox.

also, verizon is having a press conference this week in NYC

plus i know youre all about the modding, doc, and rooting > jailbreaking
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Resident *******

Doc, try the MIUI ROM. You will probably love it.

I'm debating between the HTC Thunderbolt and the MOTO Bionic. I want dual core, but I also want moar RAM. Perhaps I will wait until I can upgrade at subsidized price in June. Maybe one that combines both will be out.

ModXtra... do not get a Droid X when there are options like the Thunderbolt and Bionic coming out. 4g, faster processors (at least, the Thunderbolt MAY have a 1.2ghz or will be a 1ghz and the Bionic will be a dual core 1ghz), and the newest versions of Sense/MotoBlur.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-10-2011, 04:31 AM
wat

I've tried MIUI. My Droid doesn't like it much. CyanogenMod 6 has been best.

And DF, you are right. I do enjoy having the root capabilities. There are a lot of reasons I may stay with an Android-based handset. I will definitely probably be ditching Motorola and heading to an HTC device, though. You're also right that iOS is nothing special. I kind of realized that after my last post after playing with my iPad and thinking of some of the things I miss about Android. (NOTIFICATION BAR!!!!!!) I'm just saying, the stability and battery life are both key areas that Android seems to be lacking right now. Stability has gotten a lot better in Froyo, but I still have some trouble. Of course, I'm overclocked and rooted.

The cell phone world is definitely not as cut-and-dry as the desktop world for me. Mac OS X is clearly the better OS over Windows. (Notice I said FOR ME, not saying for everyone..) iOS is not a clear winner over Android.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 AM

you know, i debated the G2 and the Vibrant for months, then the Droid X and Fascinate for my mom, and i have to say, with all new phones running around 1ghz cpu speeds, the differences arent really noticeable. and do you really NEED more than 1ghz? i have yet to find a game that struggles at that speed. a friend pointed out that right now RAM is more important than cpu speed, although dual core phones are supposed to have about 30% more battery life.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Deltafreak

I read the Motorola atrix and the lg optimus black were both pretty big hits a ces lg is un announced on a network but the atrix announced on the verizon network. What to do.....
Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM

the atrix is on AT&T
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm Back!

I got a BlackJackII a few years back. I've never been more disappointed in a phone.

Three years is too long without paintball.