Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 06:16 AM
EM1 Tech guy

Default Too much volume?

Can there be to much volume after a regulator?

Co2 is the only gas used. Palmer Stabilizer, anti-siphon tube. I know the more flow, the better but what about open space after the reg? I dont think it will hurt at all. In fact I believe it would help if I was running an E-frame but it all mechanical.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Old Enough

Default Re: Too much volume?

If the reservoir is too big then you'll have shoot down because of the delay in filling the large volume reservoir. The output setting of the regulator will determine how fast the reservoir gets filled.

I am talking about an extremely large reservoir for you to have shoot down issues and a very low output setting of the regulator.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
EM1 Tech guy

The reg is set somewhere between 375 & 400 psi @ 285fps. Its not massive like beer bottle size but quite a bit bigger than what Spyders have. Im sure it would equal the volume of a full size body if not more. It has a mechanical double trigger for now but I have a single on the way. I dont see myself out shooting the Palmer.

I think I could measure the volume with water. Like CC'ing a head on a motor & compare to the stock parts. But I really need to test to see if it leaks or will possible leak.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: Too much volume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldironmudder View Post
The reg is set somewhere between 375 & 400 psi @ 285fps. Its not massive like beer bottle size but quite a bit bigger than what Spyders have. Im sure it would equal the volume of a full size body if not more. It has a mechanical double trigger for now but I have a single on the way. I dont see myself out shooting the Palmer.

I think I could measure the volume with water. Like CC'ing a head on a motor & compare to the stock parts. But I really need to test to see if it leaks or will possible leak.
Seems your best bet is to experiment with different spaces and use the best performance results as a basis. You can always go overboard with about anything. Finding the mean of course is the way to go -

Not only do you have to take the internal volume into consideration, but the internal passageway freedom of flow as well. Yano, like CFM(Cubic Feet per Minute) on carbs. You can INXS that as well -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
EM1 Tech guy

I drilled the stock VA out years ago. Went with Otter's size. The smoothed the edges a little.

The flow into the valve chamber is easily doubled. Just comparing port sizes.

Edit:

I think Im more worried about the effects of Co2 after regulation in a space bigger than normal.