Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 PM
New Guy

Default MR1 - Custom Markers

I've posted the pics in the MR1 section with an enquiry as to possible connecting a Rip-Clip to it to.

This is the second one and belongs to my better half as she didn't like the original weight and feel of the marker.

Stock

Airsoft Marker

Concept

Completed side A

Completed Side B

The changes that were made are as follows:

9 inch Sonix Barrel
Custom cocking mechanism to change the front cocking lever from decoration to functional.

Other than the 2 items above and the chopping up of the Airsoft marker it's still relatively stock at present

Intended upgrades:

Single Trigger

Spyder MR E-grip

Custom Magna-Valve

a functioning MP5 sliding stock (current stock is molded as part of the body and decorative)

There are a few others changes I am considering but will update as I go along also I will post pics of my Primary as soon as I get a chance.

Please post any comments and suggtestions other than that hope you enjoy it
Old 01-08-2010, 02:28 AM

Default Re: MR1 - Custom Markers

looks awesome, does it feel like it all belongs on it? I curious if you could have purchased the BT elite attachments instead of taking apart an airsoft marker.

nice job, yeah the hopper is still an eye sore if you could get a ripclip on that and a tac cap....wow that would be a beautiful MR1.

did the low profile feedneck not fit with top rail thing, it looks like you went back to the stock feedneck?
Old 01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Life is peachy

looks good.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 01-14-2010, 08:57 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire View Post
looks awesome, does it feel like it all belongs on it? I curious if you could have purchased the BT elite attachments instead of taking apart an airsoft marker.

nice job, yeah the hopper is still an eye sore if you could get a ripclip on that and a tac cap....wow that would be a beautiful MR1.

did the low profile feedneck not fit with top rail thing, it looks like you went back to the stock feedneck?
It definitely feels like it should, the only problem is the stock is molded as part of the body and not adjustable and as a consequence, is the only part that really feels funny...

I know about the BT attachments but the cost of the parts excluding the custom work was more than the R150 (+- $18) where as an MP5 stock alone is in the region of R500 (+- $62) and then still to mod that part...

thanks just need to store up the cash in order to purchase those parts and it might take a while

You right unfortunately the clamping feedneck didn't fit with the body. I would have had to remove more of the top structure and with the idea of fitting a rip-clip it would have ruined the finish completely...

Thanks for the support so far and I'll def up date here as soon as the next step is complete