Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Polls
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

Talking Exciting news! For you to choose!

Hey SOC! I just found out that if my parents let me get my license this Summer, I will have a chance to play paintball more often, and possibly even get a job at a place called Splatter Hill Paintball. I've been doing much thinking and I want to get an amazing gun and keep one gun all summer. When some people say they're a "one woman kind of guy", like paintball guns in this situation I'd like to be a "one paintball gun kind of guy", at least for this whole year. ha
I don't have a low budget and I'm looking to get anything that works, and well. But when reading the options, note that I want to get the best bang for my buck. I'm asking this question because from what I've gathered, it seems very many people here on SOC know quality well, especially in Bob Long guns. A question like this on PBN would result in an answer of a bunch of people knocking other brands and never stating why they picked thew choice they did.
Right now I will state my current picks of interest. These options are based on a Tournament Speedball playing style.

Gun: Please note that I've never fired any of the guns I'm about to list. So I'm, basing my picks on: 1. People's Reviews - 2. Features - 3. What I like to look at. As you will see, it's really between Bob Long, Planet Eclipse for me.

1. SL74
2. EGO 07
3. EGO 08
4. Bob Long Closer
5. Bob Long Marq 6
6. Bob Long Marq 7
7. Macdev Droid
8. Other: I'd love to hear what you guys like to shoot these days, and more important, why you shoot it. Is it good bang for the buck? What features do you like? Does it require to many upgrades? All the good stuff!

Hopper:
1. Either way I'm probably going top get a Dye Rotor. Unless anyone would object to this, please note in your post "why". Also, if you agree with this decision, make a comment too. = )

This is in the polls section, but I'm afraid that if I include a voting option, people will pick the most expensive choice and not feel the need to include any comments.

Thanks in advance guys, this is the "thread of honesty", I want to hear what you have to say!

Last edited by Paintball Freak : 01-23-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

Default Re: Exciting news! For you to choose!

if you have money to throw down, Macdev or a CCM pump

Feedback +18/0
Old 01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

Ahh, yes, I forgot that option. The droid.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

sl74 or marq7
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Respected Player

Closer... They shoot amazing. I also heard that Macdev makes some sick stuff. The RX might be down on price too. Haven't checked for awhile though.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

IMO go ahead and skip any ego over 07, yes they require less work and shoot pretty consistent but they feel like complete **** when your shooting them. I owned a 07 ego and 06 macdev cyborg at the same time and did a direct side by side, cyborg blew it away by far. It was 100x smoother, easier to take apart and shot more consistent. SL66 is the only ego I have actually liked that I owned out of the 10 or so that I had.

If it were me, I would go for either a closer or victory (there like 750 used) if you want a gun with a spool valve feel. I know there a inline poppit but they feel like a spool when you shoot them. Plus is bob has the best customer service out of anybody. When I got my closer the eyes went bad less then a hopper after I started shooting it. I got the gun in a trade and was by far not the first owner, I sent it to bob with a list of what was wrong. A week later the gun came back with brand new 4C eyes, new orings through out the gun and gun had been tuned shooting 290 +/-2. Cost to me $0.00, they didn't even charge shipping.

If you want a stacked tubed poppit get a '07 cyborg or a cyborg RX. Both are pretty cheap on the used market and shoot amazing.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM

That sounds like what I'm leaning towards. I hear so many amazing things about Egos, but I was never sure. Thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Respected Player

Ego's are ok. I mean I liked my 05 Ego and all but my Abomb was a bit smoother not as loud and had less kick then the Ego. I thought the Protege was about as good as the 07 Ego. I would try test shoot an 07 Ego (or newer) and a Closer or Vice and see which one you like better.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Resident *******

I loved the Ego9. Then again, I'm getting to the point that I just don't give a damn. It shoots, it shoots decent, it gets decent air efficiency, and it feels halfway good.

Also note, BLAST does charge now for even a basic maintenence. $45 is the starting rate.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to