Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 06:10 PM
no.

Default Re: Mr2 sniper

Don't care how many times it was answered. If im going to be spending any money at all I just wanted a good idea about what (if any) thing I should buy.

I was just wondering. Sneekypete, how much did that set up cost?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Resident *******

Dude... you asked a question on a public forum in a thread that many people have answered to expecting an answer from a specific member that just glanced in and gave his momentary input while there were two VERY experienced members of this forum that had already answered, one of whom OWNS a Spyder specific paintball shop that also manufactures Spyder parts and the other who is his local shop's tech/sales person. You either need to accept people's answers, or at least give us the courtesy of letting us know in the first post of the thread that you only care about your own opinion and want a confirmation on it so we can all ignore it.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed440 View Post
Don't care how many times it was answered. If im going to be spending any money at all I just wanted a good idea about what (if any) thing I should buy.

I was just wondering. Sneekypete, how much did that set up cost?
and we're telling you, a scope is not a good idea. youll never use it because A) all your targets you can see with the scope will be either ultra close or out of range and B) your eye relief will be ****ed up because you have a mask lens in the way.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 AM
Life is peachy

Make it 3 Tim I fix, sell, and maintain spyder markers every Saterday. Either way I think the scope question has bein addressed, any other questions?

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Friendly fire is not so freindly

I hear you there Slim and I seem to remember a senario where that is almost all you did.
As for the cost of my set up dreed440 I don't know the exact cost but I can tell you that is was not cheep.

MR-2

MR-4

TM-7

Pump
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Life is peachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekypete View Post
I hear you there Slim and I seem to remember a senario where that is almost all you did.
As for the cost of my set up dreed440 I don't know the exact cost but I can tell you that is was not cheep.
At least im getting paid now and not just doing it out of the goodness of my heart :P

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 AM
no.

Ok sorry I guess I just got caught in all the holiday sales and junk. You guys saved me from spending a crapload of money. Thanks a bunch.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Life is peachy

Gee its not very often we get that! your welcome!

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 PM
no.

OK I (reluctantly) decided that I wont buy the sniper kit. (Or anything else that involves paintball and sniping) Instead, I bought a J&J ceramic Edge ELITE kit for $65. Which was weird because the normal and all-star kits were the same price. Oh well, so I just got the package today. Haven't used it yet because it was dark outside. Do you need the shroud? If you do is there any way to adjust anything to still use it?

By the way I was kidding about the reluctantly part. After what you guys said it was the obvious choice. Again thank you so much!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
The Merc

I may be a little late but I guess I'll jump in for the sake of it...

If you absolutely want to play a sniper role in a scenario game or while playing woodsball and you have a good budget, you have to get another marker.... the MR2 won't do the trick. What you can and should get if you want a really accurate setup is a Tiberius marker. Either the T-9 or the brand new T-4. Now those setups will cost you a lot if you calculate the price of the marker -- around $400-500 for the Tiberius T-9 Elite and around $800-900 for the T-4 -- and of course the price of the mags. Your only option for a really accurate round is the Tiberius First Strike, which also cost a lot, but you will shoot a lot less because you will take one or two rounds to eliminate an enemy player.... But believe me, whatever all those "haters" out there will say, the FS rounds WORK and work very well. I've experienced that first hand.

If you want to keep your MR2 and make it as accurate as possible, you will need to slap on some upgrades. I see you've just purchased the J&J Elite kit: that's great. Next I'd suggest a new bolt. Of course if you're using CO2 you will have to switch to HPA, and you'll probably want to get a regulator. After that you can get a good stock like the Special Ops Commando for more stability.

Just my .02 anyways. Hope it helped!

*EDIT*

And although the guys here may have put it very crudely, they were absolutely right.
That "Sniper" kit from Rap4 is pure bull****. It's basically just for looks and is totally impractical...
And even if you still wanted that exact kit, you could easily get it for half the price anywhere else.