Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
no.

Question Mr2 sniper

Rap4 makes an amazing sniper kit for the Spyder Mr2.
The kit comes with a good stock, a 3 x 90 x 40 scope, a scope mount, an 18" rifled barrel all for $200

I think that the gun is quite accurate, but before I bought the kit I wanted some other opinions.

Opinionate away
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Life is peachy

Default Re: Mr2 sniper

what stock? hopefully its angled down to allow room for your mask when you try to look through the scope.
Dont like scopes, go for a red dot if anything, and 18"barrel is ok for woodsball but any other place you may find yourself playing (buildings, bunkers trenches ect.) its just to long. so the barrel all depends on what you are playing I guess. the scope mount is good.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

well, most of what rap4 makes is cheap crap. are you talking about this?
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/spy...ll-p-7430.html

1) a scope is useless in paintball
2) that barrel is way too long to be effective
3) rifling doesnt work
4) that stock is about the only decent thing on there.

and for $200, youre paying waaaay too much.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Spyder enthusiast

I would agree with a lot of what you said.
Except that I do know that the rifling in the Rap4 barrel does actually work. I have a 14" ceramic J and J on my MR2 and we put it against a marker with the Rap4 barrel. In accuracy, they were almost identical!!!! One nice feature was that the Rap4 comes Apex tip ready. My buddy was shooting around a tree in my back yard with his and still placing his shots in a 10-12 inch group.
Also Rap4 makes anything but crap. I have their side winder scope on my marker and it is the best scope mount that I have ever found!!!! It not only adjusts up and down, but also left and right to put your scope (should you choose to use one, mine was given to me) in the perfect spot to be seen when using googles.
They do sell alot of stuff that is simply not needed or follows the hype of certain looks of real weapons, but the stuff they sell is top notch.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Resident *******

Nice try, Jeff, but utterly wrong.

RAP4, like Trinity, has their stuff made overseas. Half the items that are branded RAP4 are also overpriced copies of a lesser known competitor (headache is hindering me from remembering which one's name).

Rifling DOES NOT help a paintball. We're talking about a gelatinous sphere that does not have any definitive mass inside (paint moves around), and all you're doing with a rifled barrel is increasing the possibility of a barrel break due to a snag in the rifling on an overbored ball. On a REAL firearm, a semi-solid (due to the temperatures involved) metal object is being shoved out the barrel. This yields a much better result since it is what it's made for.

Scope? Don't even get me started on that bull****. Not worth the money unless it's a red dot. Paintballs are simply too inaccurate. Don't give me all the bull**** we've all heard about them either, all of us veterans know better.

When you're trying to compare accuracy, you did the right thing: you compared two low-end barrels. Now, go find someone with a DYE Ultralight or an EQUIVALENT (Proto 2-Pc, MacDev, etc), and try to come up with the words to make it seem like they're even remotely close. Toss that Apex on and you just lost every hope of winning that battle. Also, 18" don't help nothin'. 12-16" barrels are optimum, anything else is bust.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-02-2009, 04:25 PM
no.

Wow!!! Thanks for all the feedback. Call me a stuborn snob but i really like the looks of the gun. The stock seems decent, and I just found that Rap4 is making those golf paintballs, there are also the sniper paintballs. So those might work well with the rifled barrel.

I only really play woodsball, (used to use a spyder vs2 with a virtue board) so guess I'm trying something new with the Mr2.

Im also moderately accurate, so I thought that the scope would be a good way to find the enemies.

Since everyone has a lot of NICE THINGS to say about the sniper kit , what would you recomend instead for the Mr2?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

a nice 14" barrel
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Life is peachy

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=17426

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed440 View Post
Wow!!! Thanks for all the feedback. Call me a stuborn snob but i really like the looks of the gun. The stock seems decent, and I just found that Rap4 is making those golf paintballs, there are also the sniper paintballs. So those might work well with the rifled barrel.

I only really play woodsball, (used to use a spyder vs2 with a virtue board) so guess I'm trying something new with the Mr2.

Im also moderately accurate, so I thought that the scope would be a good way to find the enemies.

Since everyone has a lot of NICE THINGS to say about the sniper kit , what would you recomend instead for the Mr2?
Golf balls... HAH! I got that email the other day and was laughing non-stop for 5min or so. It's a good idea, but for the price... You might as well be a rental buying crappy field paint. Get the good balls for $50/case and be happy like the rest of us.

Those "sniper" rounds that you're referring to are the Tiberius First Strike, correct? Simply put: garbage that has a high probability of injuring someone else and cannot be used with an MR2 easily. Not a great idea.

If anything, a scope will narrow your field of view and thus make it harder to acquire targets when you're not already looking at them.

As DF said, get a nice 14" CP. They're $30-40 NIB, and are most excellent. If you want a better barrel than that, get a UL or Freak.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 12-03-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Get the good balls for $50/case and be happy like the rest of us.
WOW, BigRed76 really does not like to go outside the box, AT ALL!!

as far as using Tiberius First Strike and a rifled barrel I BELIEVE (not 100% sure) the fins on the FS round are made to rotate the opposite of a riffled barrel's rotation pattern and tend to go straight down the barrel anyway.

Quote:
Those "sniper" rounds that you're referring to are the Tiberius First Strike, correct? Simply put: garbage that has a high probability of injuring someone else and cannot be used with an MR2 easily. Not a great idea.
Correct on the point you can only use the FS rounds with a T8.1, T4 or T9 that have the correct barrels and magazine feed. "garbage and high probability of injuring"...not sure what he means. They are just under a dollar a round so yes they are very expensive but they are very accurate, check youtube or some reviews of them for you self to decide that one.

dreed440, have fun asking this forum for advice, i suggest you check out some milsim sites and other forums, do your research in more than one forum.