Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 PM

Default Re: A switch to 50 cal?

If your paying $1000 for a marker you better be making money playing paintball! If not, that's why you can't buy a new marker very often. If there is a complete transition to .50 cal it will take 5 to 10 years to happen I would think and there will always be a .68 cal aspect to the sport. You will always be able to buy paint, guns, markers etc. on ebay or the web just look at all the stuff on there now that's 5 or 10 years old. .68 cal is not going anywhere. Maybe I've just been playing too long and I crave something new to the sport or I am a complete retard because it seems like I am the only on that is looking foreword to .50 cal. I guess I just don't see many drawbacks.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball View Post
If your paying $1000 for a marker you better be making money playing paintball!
Sez who? Why can't say - HDH - spend 2300 bucks on a marker, just for the enjoyment of using it? It's his money after all...who are WE to dictate who buys what and for why?
If not, that's why you can't buy a new marker very often.
You don't know that and I find it quite insulting actually. How presumtious of you to thing that everyone lives in squallor...or in the richie rich compound. Quite frankly, it's none of your flipping business who spends what on what and when.
If there is a complete transition to .50 cal it will take 5 to 10 years to happen
Quite frankly, most of us hope it dyes a horrible, flaming death - and quickly - like the one I hope for that MORONIC First strike round...
I would think and there will always be a .68 cal aspect to the sport. You will always be able to buy paint, guns, markers etc.
ORLY?? Why don';t you write to AKA and ask them to send you a new Viking...or ICD for spare parts?
on ebay or the web just look at all the stuff on there now that's 5 or 10 years old. .68 cal is not going anywhere. Maybe I've just been playing too long and I crave something new to the sport or I am a complete retard because it seems like I am the only on that is looking foreword to .50 cal. I guess I just don't see many drawbacks.

Oh...I don't know...are you? I hope you aren't...but only you can really answer that. I've been playing since 1986, some longer, quite a few less...what is so 'mundane' about paintball that you feel this "crave".......?

Perhaps you can shed some light on a few things for us...

1. Given the state of the current economy...do you think it's a wise business practice to RE-introduce womething 'SO new and radical' [this is actually an old concept being revisited], that failed MISERABLY in the past?
2. Given the reasons I myself have stated in an earlier post, do you NOT see business GREED licking at the .50 cal heels?? Let's face it...companies aren't making the money they thought they would. Why? Because we, the senior players, sell off our excess/old gear to new players. Companies don't collect that money, we do. We might spend it on something new...maybe not. So how does a company MAKE SURE they collect EVERYONE'S money? By doing crap like this. Once a .68 cal is obsolete...they've won.
3. Who in their right mind is going to "surf around the web" for 5-10 year old markers, their parts and supplies that are no longer available or even made? And then what ****ing moron is going to find...let alone SHOOT 5-10 year old PAINT........IF it's even available?
4. If the .50 cal was so great...why didn't they settle on it BEFORE? I mean...it WAS there, just like .62 and .43 was......and where can you still get .62 cal paint? .50 cal [before this re-introduction]? How many public fields actuall provide .43 cal paint today? If it was so great...it would have stayed the FIRST time.

I think it's clear that you really haven't put a whole lot of though into this. I beg you to sit down and weigh what we say. Stop falling prey to the "zomg! n3\/\/ 5tuFF!!!oneone111" jitters and logically think about it.

All I see is that companies are looking to make money by making 68 cal markers obsolete. The .50 cal was a MISERABLE failure in the past.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:45 AM
20+ years in paintball... we all need FNGs

Druid, I actually laughed coffee out my nose... you owe me a new keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Stop falling prey to the "zomg! n3\/\/ 5tuFF!!!oneone111" jitters and logically think about it.
My opinion is one of wait and see, I have seen many changes in the industry, most of them moving towards more paint being used... I don't expect to see any .50cal on the local fields for quite some time, if at all...

Peace,
sonik
Q-loader SP8 mod
ACP mr1 terminus bolt
Palmer female stab w/Lapco vertical ASA
wooden grips and stock
MR2 (w/o eyes):
8" barrel
expansion chamber
Palmer stab
Q-Loaded! SP-8 mod
ACP mr2 terminus bolt
Dboys SIR shroud

Last edited by sonik : 10-09-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Giggity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball View Post
I can bench press over 300 and I think the current crop of the lightest guns and equipment are retarded heavy to say the least.
Not flaming you but there's something wrong here. I'd check those plates your tossing on the bar lol. My PM8 is unbelievably light and I'm sure there are other higher end markers that are lighter.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:58 AM

.50 cal=awesome!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:24 AM
20+ years in paintball... we all need FNGs

Another troll already?
Q-loader SP8 mod
ACP mr1 terminus bolt
Palmer female stab w/Lapco vertical ASA
wooden grips and stock
MR2 (w/o eyes):
8" barrel
expansion chamber
Palmer stab
Q-Loaded! SP-8 mod
ACP mr2 terminus bolt
Dboys SIR shroud
Old 10-09-2009, 06:59 AM

I have a fever...and the only cure is more .50 cal.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:56 AM

Be careful...sometimes the "cure" can kill the patient.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:01 AM

roses are red
violets are blue
I can hardly wait
for the .50 cal debut
Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 PM

Hrm...nursery rhymes.....appropriate I guess?
Closed Thread