Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 AM

Default Re: A switch to 50 cal?

Smaller, lighter, better accuracy, more shots per fill, cheaper paint. YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:34 AM
add 1,794 posts

having to convert everything, no thank you. smaller splatter, easier to wipe
Old 10-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball View Post
Smaller,
AKA- harder to see
lighter,
AKA - harder to control [wind, twigs, etc]
better accuracy,
AKA - sez who? Them? Of course they are going to say that...they are looking to sell this crap [meaning hype] to the unlearned masses...
more shots per fill,
Quite possibly the ONLY benefit...but if you tune your marker or upgrade it properly...this is moot.
cheaper paint.
Again...sez who? The people that have the patent on it?
YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
Be careful for what you wish for...
I didn't change the font color because of all those whiners about me doing that. Instead, I used bold and point "3" to show my responses....

now to elaborate on what I added above...

Smaller -Smaller paint is harder to see in flight...unless you ONLY throw out 13.3333 bps as your full time job [aka SLACKERS]. Smaller paint has less benefits than you realize. It leaves a smaller spot....possibly smaller than the TOURNEY RULE of a "quarter-sized" mark on a player, possibly necessitating a smaller diameter that eliminates the player. Go from the current "quarter" to possibly a "nickel" or worse..."a dime" sized mark. Not to mention that now EVERY marker EVER MADE will have to either be redesigned, re-breeched and barreled OR be rendered completely unusable. Way to waste the player's money. When everyone gets their ".50 cal" marker...who in their right mind is going to buy the old stuff that no one can shoot anymore? I'm not talking rare markers here...I'm talking EVERYDAY markers that are ALL over the PLANET.
Lighter - Again, the slightest breeze already affects accuracy. Being lighter only makes that worse. Also, having less mass encourages more bounces [at distance] unless the shell construction is altered. Say hellow to getting 'bunkered' more often. Now you want a THINNER and more fragile shell in markers with no eyes? Are you kidding me? Good by spyders, tippmanns, cockers and most every other pump regardless of caliber.
Better accuracy - Again, after so many years of being on this and other forums I say...if you want a tack driver, buy a firearm. Paintball is accurate to "X" generalism. Get used to it or move on to another hobby.
More shots per fill - Probably the ONLY real benefit I see...but then again, a blow back is still a blow back now isn't it? If Spyders were MacDevs, that would be one thing. Air efficiency though? If anyone thinks that a 20oz CO2 tank is going to go from ~1100 shots per fill to 2000 shots per fill, their smoking the good crap...
Cheaper - That would be at the discretion of the patent holder...and if everyone switches to .50 then they have the monopoly on the paint. They can charge WHATEVER they want. Give it a year at a decent price...bankrupt those who currently make the 68 Cal....then when the 50 is all that's left, they can jack that price up to what they want.

Like I said.....be careful what you wish for.

Last edited by druid : 10-08-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Life is peachy

I talked to our corse owner a bit more about this a few minutes ago. The paint by the sounds of it wouldnt be cheeper a box of paint but rather more balls to a box (excuses the pun ) you would still end up saving as you get more but dont expect to be getting a box of 2000 for 30$ CDN.

I still am not sure this is gonna work, but I will still bet there going to push for it.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 10-08-2009, 02:57 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

This is by far... Thee worst idea ever... You aren't just simply changing the caliber of paint... Your changing EVERYTHING!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

that's what everyone [with a brain] is saying.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Hey I don't play for money! I just want to have fun playing and save a few bucks down the line. As far as having to buy new equipment; hell I buy new stuff all the time including a new gun maybe twice a year sometimes so it's not like OMG I have to buy new equipment for .50 cal. Come on we all buy new crap constantly it's not like your going to keep your primary marker for more than a few years anyway. Smaller and lighter would be a major benefit. I can bench press over 300 and I think the current crop of the lightest guns and equipment are retarded heavy to say the least. Think how small a Qloader could get or any loader for that matter and the guns......sweet!! If you play for money and don't like the idea so be it. If your a rec player this will be a major advancement in paintball. I'll try to buy the first gun.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Ich will mehr, immer mehr, genau wie du, immer mehr

Rec should be .50 and tourny at .68????

VS2:Stock, red body kit, 14" 32* Whisper barrel, Fasta
Victor 2:halfbacked, ESP Frame T- Board, VS2 Barrel, Magna Valve, ND Valve Pin, Drilled VA, Polished Striker, Bandit 2 O-ring Delrin Bolt, Custom Trigger, Rex Expansion Chamber, ND Feedneck, T-board
Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 PM
add 1,794 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball View Post
Hey I don't play for money! I just want to have fun playing and save a few bucks down the line. As far as having to buy new equipment; hell I buy new stuff all the time including a new gun maybe twice a year sometimes so it's not like OMG I have to buy new equipment for .50 cal. Come on we all buy new crap constantly it's not like your going to keep your primary marker for more than a few years anyway. Smaller and lighter would be a major benefit. I can bench press over 300 and I think the current crop of the lightest guns and equipment are retarded heavy to say the least. Think how small a Qloader could get or any loader for that matter and the guns......sweet!! If you play for money and don't like the idea so be it. If your a rec player this will be a major advancement in paintball. I'll try to buy the first gun.
not everybody buys new markers all the time. a lot of people keep their markers for a while. and when you want to sell that .68 marker to get a .50 marker, your ego or whatever you have won't be worth crap, then you're out $1000
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Life is peachy

This thread wasnt made to flame eachother if you feel you need to do that you know where to go. It's one thing to have a dissagrement but dont take it to a personal level. State your opinion respect others opinion and move on.

I like the idea about it being cheeper but I feel there are far to many problems with it that in the long run people just wont be satisfied. But im assuming that 50 cal is coming one way or the next if companies are already putting out product lines for it.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Closed Thread