Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
New Guy

Default VS1 help

ok i have a Vs1 and i want to put a new reg on it what do i need to do to it i mostly use co2 ive been seeing the boblong torpedo reg is a good one to use for co2 am i right thanks

oh and by the way will the cp rake trigger get rid of side to side wobble in my vs1
Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 AM

Default Re: VS1 help

I don't have any experience with the Torpedo on CO2, though I know Otter said the BL Power Regulator was good for LP CO2, but I am unsure of how the two compare.

I did just recently install a Palmer's Direct Stabilizer (Vertical Mount Regulator with an 1/8" threaded NPT output on the top) and have found it works VERY well with CO2 in my setup. While messing around I tossed on a non-anti-siphon tank and fired slightly downhill (~15-20 degrees below flat) at a milk jug hung from a tree as quick as I could. The reg got cold enough I developed a coating of ice ~1/16-1/8" thick without a hiccup from the reg and without any liquid CO2 making it to the marker body itself. I did get some liquid CO2 in the reg as was evidenced by the blow off of the expanding gas and brief bits of snow out of the relief hole, but it performed solidly...

I currently am running ~240psi through my MR-1 and at sustained fire rates of ~5-8bps with a gravity hopper there are no issues with recharge rate on the reg and very little real movement on the 32 Degrees gauge I have mounted on the Reg.

As far as what you would need, I don't know about the VS-1 in particular so I am not sure if that has a vertical adapter that the foregrip(expansion chamber) threads into. If it does then you would just need the reg, likely a long airline if you still have the stock one on there, a 90 degree 1/8" npt fitting. Also, I am guessing the VS-1 ASA has the metric threads, so you would just need the Metric to 1/8" adapter. I know Palmers Pursuit shop has them for like $5.

Hopefully this gets you started until someone with more VS-1 experience wanders through...

Last edited by Erlkonig : 09-28-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Added Info
Old 09-29-2009, 05:09 PM
New Guy

the reg on a vs1 is not threaded its got a weird set screw thing
what i really want to know is will this http://www.trinitypaintball.com/Prod...uctCode=TR+229 work on my vs1
Old 10-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Bulldogg Customs Spyders

Yes the trinity vs will work on your vs1 I am running the same block as well on my vs1.
As for CO2 friendly regs I would reccomend the palmers. As well it is very CO2 friendly and
The recharge isn't that bad either! Hopefully this helps you out!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:04 PM
New Guy

yes that will work. the trinity block has more holes drilled in it too for more airflow. I have it on my vs1 as well