Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2006, 01:06 PM
The Peruvian Pulveriser

Default Polishing my internals

Hey guys I just about my 600 and 1000 grip paper and some Mags polish like Otters website suggests and im about to start the polishing.

First of all here is my bolt.

You guys knows the piece of metal that sticks out of the bolt where the striker attaches itself onto? Well the diagram Otter has shows the parts to polish, but that piece of metal kind of restricts you from getting it evenly around that piece of metal. Do I just try to get it around as good as I can or is there a way to take it off. Oh and you guys are welcome to give me any polishing tips you may have.

Also do you guys suggest starting with 600? And when you sand it do you do it by sections? Like first the top, then middle, then back? I've been polishing the top for 15 mins and it doesn't seem like its taking any off.

Last edited by Alex228 : 03-16-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:14 PM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Default Re: Polishing my internals

It shouldb't give a visible differance really, unless its the striker, you jhave to feel the diffrenc, and the pin that your talking about can be removed, its held in by a set screw somewhere on the bolt near it.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 03-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Marine Corps.

you can take that pin out .. the allen wrench .. you'll be able to untighten it .. most likely there'll be loctite on it though .. so when you put it back on .. put a little dab back on .. or nail polish .. that way it doesn't get loose too easily the next time you play..
Old 03-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

After you take the pin out, the make sure you take the orings off!

To make sanding easier, attach the bolt to a cordless screwdriver. Then wrap a piece of sandpaper around the bolt and turn the screwdriver on. It'll spin the bolt and you'll get even sanding all the way around. Cut's the sanding time WAYYYYYYY down.

When I used my spyder, I sat down to watch PB2X and by the end of the show I had sanded and polished my striker AND my bolt, and polished the inside tubes of my gun with time to just sit back and watch a bit of it (In case you didn't know, PB2X is/was a 30 minute show back then. Not sure what it is now...)
Old 03-18-2006, 06:19 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow
To make sanding easier, attach the bolt to a cordless screwdriver. Then wrap a piece of sandpaper around the bolt and turn the screwdriver on. It'll spin the bolt and you'll get even sanding all the way around. Cut's the sanding time WAYYYYYYY down.
Wish I had thought of that. It would have save me quite a bit of time.