Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Default Q-Loader

Ok next question. Q-Loaders do you love them or hate them. Looks like they are split 50-50. I play only woodsball and like the look of the q-loader.

How much does it cost to set it up right?

Direct feed without hose seems to be the best way?

Anyone have any pics they can send me with it set up direct feed?

Thanks for the input.

Mike
Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Heavy Metal

Default Re: Q-Loader

OK, I am a Q-User and I have to say in my experience, most people who don't like the QLoader don't because they don't know how to use it. If you follow the instructions, out of the box you shouldn't have to fine tune anything - the first time I got mine it worked flawlessly out of the box, but when you start to mess with things like hose lengths and positions and whatnot, you may have to make some adjustments. My advice is to just make sure you know how it all works, take a little time to disassemble the pods and put them back together, it really isn't hard. Performance wise, there is no better system. The QLoader can fire while holding the marker in any position, at any feed rate you want, is virtually silent while running/moving/whatever, and makes reloading easier than you could imagine.

Now, the first time I used my QLoader on my MR2, I used the direct feed adapter that QLoader no longer makes. It worked great, I never had any problems with it, but I eventually changed it because if you mount the socket right to the feedneck, it's essentially still a hopper. Putting it somewhere lower and using the hose works great for a real low-profile setup. If you check out the picture MR2 thread, you can see mine now, I have it mounted on the side with the custom mounting socket and RIS rail adapter, and a short hose running to the feedneck. I also did some custom work, attaching a 90 degree elbow to the socket itself. Whatever you choose to do, just remember a couple things; shorter hose is better, avoid any kinks or sharp turns in the hose, make sure the hose fits a whole number of balls (none sticking out the bottom, these will break when you engage/disengage a pod), and always preload your hose with paintballs so they don't slam into the breach from the pod.
If you do really want to go direct feed, I don't know if you can find that adapter anywhere anymore, but I'd be willing to give mine up since I don't use it anymore. I've also got a lot of other spare parts, so let me know if you need anything (I've got enough stuff for a basic setup that you would only need to buy pods).

Good luck and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by THUNDR : 07-21-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Heavy Metal

Here's some pictures of my set-ups

Direct feed. Like I said, still a little too high profile, but never had any problems with feed.

Current setup with short hose. Still feeds perfectly, lower profile. I used the Qloader low rise clamp adapter on my feedneck.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Friendly fire is not so freindly

Very Nice looking Marker there Thunder and I agree with you 100%. I love my Q-loader just want to add one thing Make sure you use fresh and good quality paint. I tried to use some Marbs that I have left over form last summer and all I got was chops. Got a new case and works like dream

MR-2

MR-4

TM-7

Pump
Old 07-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Heavy Metal

Very good point. QLoaders like good, hard-shelled paint. Marballizers work great, and I use GAPs, which you can get online for pretty cheap.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 AM

Thunder send you a pm
Old 07-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Heavy Metal

pmed back
Old 07-26-2009, 07:48 AM
20+ years in paintball... we all need FNGs

I have two of my spyders q-loaded and I had a few issues at first, but once I got used to how they behave, I was golden. If you use tougher paint like draxxus (dxs) Blaze and you should be fine. I used to use midnight but as it gets older (6months+) it gets a little brittle.
Q-loader SP8 mod
ACP mr1 terminus bolt
Palmer female stab w/Lapco vertical ASA
wooden grips and stock
MR2 (w/o eyes):
8" barrel
expansion chamber
Palmer stab
Q-Loaded! SP-8 mod
ACP mr2 terminus bolt
Dboys SIR shroud
Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
New Guy

i have MR2, just got a q loader from a buddy that hates them. my problem is, all i got was 1 good pod, a broken one, the socket and feed neck, everything else im missing. the pod loader hoses because i know the one i have one is way to short and also the instructions. would i be better off just getting a new one or does any one have extra parts i can have. i plan on getting the loader this thursday. yay pay day.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I had a QLoader once and traded/sold it to Tim. Now I'm kicking myself in the ass for it.

Hey Tim...wanna trade me my QLoader back for a V35 Halo?