Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Spyder ftw!

Default My MR1 pistol. (Still a work in progress) pic heavy

Ok first you have to understand that me and my family have been trying to move for about 3 months now, everything is in boxes or just laying around. Because of this I couldn't do any paintball modding besides slapping on parts.

With this in mind, I decided to see how I could make a Spyder pistol that is sooo newbie friendly, any kid can do it.

My plan was that this mod would use parts I already had (most of them) and parts I can just order easily and piece it together.

I'll tell you what I used, so you can see what you could use. Then I'll explain my why's.

What I used:

MR1 body
Older Spyder single trigger frame
45 Grip to replace m16
Noxx's Cram 'N Jam 10 round feeder
JCS 5.5" barrel
90* elbow fitting
1/8" to asa adapter
12 gram co2 quick changer

First thing even with something with no modding, draw it out! My plans:

Reason I used the MR1 body is;
-1/8" air hose threads, no front block
-Tatical look

You could use a older Spyder as well, the powerfeed might stick higher than the MR1 though.

Advantage to a newer one would be gettign a Phantom feed, and having it closer to the body. But couldn't find a quick easy way with the parts I had, so decided with the the plan above.

Easily enough, I took off the foregrip, bottom line setup, double trigger grip. Threw on the single trigger frame and the fittings.

A quick photoshop to just look over what it might look like, while I wait for barrel and 12ie changer. Also to double check how the length was going to work out. Almost perfect.

Looks pretty good!

First time airing it up, leaked badly. Teflon taped the fittings (again) and tightened them.
Aired it up again, leaked down barrel. Replaced valve and striker O-rings.
Third time, very small leak out of between the 1/8"-asa and the 90* fitting, realized I hadn't tightened it all the way. Instead of just sitting and watching the slow leak, decided to shoot anyway.

Results;

-I got about 20 usuable shots (two ten round tubes) plus a few other. Fixing the leak might help the efficiency. (was leaking a while before I decided to start shooting)

-JCS barrel is very accurate! Shooting monster balls I got in march, they kept straight as I watched them. I won't make up numbers, I have no idea how far it was.

-The feel was very nice, glad I went with the 45 frame. Can easily one hand this. With a classic Spyder body probably more so, the MR1 is pretty heavy!

-Gap between barrel and 12ie changer makes for very quick grip and easy changing!

-Noxx Cram 'N Jam makes for very quick reloading. Yank the tube out, throw it in a dump pouch, shove another in, easy!

So thats about it for now. I'm planning more mods later when we finally move, but won't be for a while (summer vacation, woot!). Basicly to pretty it up.

Another cool thing about this setup is that you can throw on a longer barrel, a stock, and a site of your choice, and you have a very portable rifle setup. Kinda like a cheaper T9.

Hope this helps the newbies of modding out there to build a not-really-custom pistol and still feel smart.

Idea's? Thoughts? Criticism? Feel free

`Fs

.... Catch 'em and sell them on eBay!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: My MR1 pistol. (Still a work in progress) pic heavy

20 shots sounds about right.

i was actually helping a guy do almost the same thing with a classic style gun, but he had to put paintball on teh back burner for a while
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Spyder ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
20 shots sounds about right.

i was actually helping a guy do almost the same thing with a classic style gun, but he had to put paintball on teh back burner for a while
Yup, I knew I wasn't the first to think of this.

I wonder how more shots I could get with a Spyder after disabling blowback? Maybe 30ish? After I get my shop setup, I really want to start making some spumps and bolt action sprifles. Hah, sprifle, catchy

`Fs

Old 06-22-2009, 07:02 PM
add 1,794 posts

looks good!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
New Guy

looks good I was doing the same thing w/my mr2 but decided to do a Tactical spimmy
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Friendly fire is not so freindly

Looks great. I may just have to get an other MR-1 and do the samething. Right now I don't want to touch my most reliable marker. It is a great back up gun. It always seems to work no matter what

MR-2

MR-4

TM-7

Pump
Old 06-26-2009, 08:20 PM
New Guy

I would personally sand/dremel some of the frame to make it look tighter i guess? well just b/c .I would also put something on the barrel to make it look like a silencer, like the t8 one, after that paint it and you got a bad ass Pistol
Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 AM

Look good. Inside the 10rnd tube you can add a light coil spring w/ a washer between it and the paint that way it will load a round in any position.
My Space Page - Has an link to Arcived Otter site
http://griffith-m.spaces.live.com/de...x?sa=106742333
Old 06-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Spyder ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Look good. Inside the 10rnd tube you can add a light coil spring w/ a washer between it and the paint that way it will load a round in any position.
I considered having a springfeed, but felt it slowed down loading, and you sacrifice some ball room. Unless you mean make a few ten rounds with spring feed, that's an interesting idea...

edit; I should also point out it feeds well right now, no jamming, but if you were aiming slightly upward, after 3 shots or so (how much is in the feedneck already), you would have to tilt down. A spring feed would make it much less hassle.

`Fs

Old 10-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Spyder ftw!

I made a video of it a while ago. Figured I should post it here in case anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zC8iIaCmwE

The gun itself is in pieces and quite different now. I wont go into details but should be pretty neat once finished.

`Fs