Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Don't dis spyder cuz ill dis you about your gun

Default Re: Ultimate Gravity Hopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
Ok what about a light suction system? say you had a air tight hopper and as a ball left the feedneck suction pulled another down?
ehh how would you make the bottom airtight while allowing balls to fall out? even if you would, wouldnt it force balls out creating a bigger version of the problem your trying to elimate
Old 05-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

yea, and it would also be pretty hard to make the lid completely airtight. and like king-man said, it wouldnt b completely airtight, cuz the feedneck leads to the gun, which, thru the barrel, has an opening. and even if there was a way, would the pressure from the blowback of the exess air cause damage to the hopper?

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 10-03-2009, 11:54 AM
New Guy

On a side note, the cyclone and other impeller systems don't use that much air at all. A gravity hopper that had no resistance to air flow to cause a popcorn would use a lot of excess air. You would have to find a low flow low psi reg to make it work, and it would end up costinf more than an electro hopper.

http://www.a5og.net/5-trigger-system...lone-test.html

Here is the thread on the tippmann forum I frequent.. As you can see the cyclone only deducts around 1 fps of velocity versus a sealed reciever. It does use a little gas, but it's not the number that people make it out to be.

On the suction hopper note. I think you would have better luck with a hopper that with a air bladder in the top, that filled up as balls emptied it. That would keep the open space avial. unusable, so then the balls did popcorn, they wouldnt have anywhere to go. Or even just a positively charged air pressure into the top of the hopper.

No matter what you do though, a a gravity powered or even adgitated hopper has it's limits, becauce the acceleration of gravity is the same for all objects. The only way to get a real high rof (over 13 or so) is to force feed balls ie. Rotor or cyclone.

I know the cyclone can only shoot 15 bps stock, but modded out people have reported upper 20s