Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Think with your dipstick............Jimmy !!!!!

Default Another Noob Question

Okay i see in almost all pictures of higher end or modded guns, they are equipped with the Freak barrel kits. I have my TL Plus which i never will give up, is this Freak kit THAT good? I am tempted to get it. I currently have a 18 inch spec ops barrel and a smart parts tear drop at my disposal that i use. So whats your opinion? I am also looking to put a E-Frame on my TL+ as an upgrade.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Another Noob Question

Any barrel that matches the bore of your paintballs will be more accurate. The Freak is just a favorite of some, I prefer my Matchstick kit.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
juggalo

the freak's popularity comes from the fact that it's interchangeable bores allow the user to match bore to whatever paint they are using. other barrel kits do the same thing, using backs instead of inserts. it is merely preference as far as which one is best. i was a freak boy for a long while, and liked them alot. lately, i have swung over to back types (favoring empire), and intend to purchase them only in the future. good deals can be found for these kits used, as many companies put them out, J&J, Lapco, Empire, Evil, Hammerhead, etc.

if you decide on a freak, i recommend the stainless inserts. i have, and know of 2 other people, that have had the relatively puny aluminum inserts become damaged. stainless is definately worth the few extra bucks.

davs uber sale
Old 05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

i like my freak. paid $20 for a spyder back and front () and $65 for an insert kit w/ cocker threaded back. so now i can use it on all my guns without having to buy separate kits for spyder and cocker threads.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 05-17-2009, 05:41 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

just buy a J&J or CP for 20 bucks used. what your looking for is consistency in your barrel.

NAY on the e-frame, LP that bad boy before you try shooting fast. and by LP i mean
Valve- NDZ and Magnaports are cheap, so is home mod's
Spring kit- 10 bucks this is a must
Bolt- ACP del flows are good buys and really anything aftermarket you find in you in the b/s/t is good. Home mods- Polish, cuping the face, swoosh insert, lightening will do the trick too.
Striekr- Polished, stay away from after markets unless you got the hang of the whole LP thing, I prefer a polished striker over a lighted one anyway.
VA- needs to accept ASA threads to attach a reg, aftermarket will be ready to go, spyder ones need to be drilled out to increase airflow
Reg- if HPA any reg that will give you a 0-400/500+ psi is fine
if CO2, palmers, bl torps, umm or be ready to rebuild your reg a lot
ASA- drill it out
air lines- you may need a couple of adapters, new line, maybe you want to use macro

Now you can get actually use an e-frame

Feedback +18/0