Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2009, 04:51 AM
New Guy

Default E-MR1 chops (bad) - covering my bases

Guys, my E-MR1 chops something awful and I want to make sure that I've got all of my bases covered to try to alleviate the problem. This is a relatively new marker and it chops in single-shot, burst or full-auto modes. Doesn't matter. I know the hopper is problem #1 so I've got a Ricochet AK on order, which should make it better as I've tried someone elses on the gun and it feeds noticeably better, but it still runs out of ammo and or chops even in single shot mode. I've tried numerous brands of paint, all perform relatively the same in terms of chops. I'm also about to order an all metal feedneck for it, like a Trinity or Maddog. Seems like the plastic elbow has too many steps molded in it which is causing some the trouble as well.

Last but not least, I'm running C02 on a remote.

Anything else I need to knock out while I'm at it? I've got a big scenario game coming up this weekend and I'd like to get through more than one hopper without multiple chops.

Sorry for the convoluted post, it's too early on a Monday.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Resident *******

Default Re: E-MR1 chops (bad) - covering my bases

Welcome to the boards! It seems like you've done your research... Kudos to you!

So long as the remote lined tank is vertical, it should work great. Are your chops primarily in the breech/feedneck area, or the barrel?

If it's in the breech/feedneck, definitely the hopper. If it's in the barrel, that's a bad ball/barrel. Also try decreasing your ROF to ~8bps and see if that helps. If you have a gravity feed (shake 'n bake), decrease it to 4bps.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 AM
New Guy

lol, appreciate the kudos. I'm a troubleshooter by nature, plus my real passion is firearms and handloading, so I have to screw with this kind of thing all the time.

The chops are all in the breech. None in the barrel. The barrel is a 14" J&J (not that it matters). Sadly, even in single fire mode I was able to starve the gun with the AK hopper. All I can figure is that it has to be all of the "bumps" molded into the feedneck. Since the Ricochet is already on it's way, I'll go ahead and order the feedneck in the next few minutes. Oh, and tank on the remote IS vertical. No snow.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Resident *******

The bumps in the feedneck will have a miniscule affect on the feed rate of an agitated (Ricochet, Revvy, eVLution, etc) or force-feeding (Halo, Magna, VLocity, etc) hopper. It's a good investment because they aren't made of cheap plastic, but the ridges are a moot point.

www.sundragonpb.com has MR feednecks if I recall correctly. Reputable company and an awesome owner.

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Life is peachy

you could also look into a acs bolt, I would have sugested a little better hopper though. if your outshooting the ak already you should have went with something a little faster and probably force fed.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 AM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady View Post
you could also look into a acs bolt, I would have sugested a little better hopper though. if your outshooting the ak already you should have went with something a little faster and probably force fed.
Good call. You're probably right, and I was about to that same conclusion myself. Unfortunately I hadn't had the chance to really give the AK a run-through on the gun before I ordered it last week. Such is the way of things. The game this weekend is semi-auto anyway, so I should be good for the weekend then I'll sell it to a friend. Anything more than burst (for me anyway) burns through more paint that I want to use. The reason I brought up the feedneck is because even with the Ricochet the balls seemed to hang up in the neck. Plus I'm worried about breaking it in play. Neck is on order, hopper is on order... now we wait. Thanks for the assistance gentlemen.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Moving Target Practice

Check your detents... May be that the detent has been sheared and you've got a double feed.

Spyder MR1
Direct Connect Q-Loader
16" J&J Ceramic
Perfect Dot w/Cantilever mount
ACP Delrin Bolt
Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 AM
New Guy

Detent was perfect. I screwed it up on Sunday, but prior to that, like new... because it was new. I've got a 5-pack on order with the feedneck.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
New Guy

Well the hopper came in yesterday, and the feedneck and detents today. Got it all put together and hooked up the remote and as soon as I started to open the valve on the remote the quick disconnect starts hissing. Apparently the last time I disconnected it on Sunday (and I remember) there was too much pressure in the line and when I was able to finally get the hose to disconnect, when they came apart the seal blew out of the fitting. Now the QD doesn't seal. So I'll have to call around to a couple of places in town tomorrow and see who's got a 1/8" quick disconnect for a high pressure line. Does it ever end?

The good news is I went ahead and put the tank directly on the gun then set up a little test range in the garage shooting into a padded 5 gallon bucket. Burned through 100 rounds, most of it on 3 shot burst mode. Tat-tat-tat... every time. No problems. The only thing I did have a problem with is that occasionally the gun is still running out of paint and will de-cock. However! It didn't chop a single ball, which is a marked improvement over what it's been doing recently.

With any luck I'll find the right fitting tomorrow and get the remote repaired and good to go. I certainly hope so because the big scenario game I've been prepping for starts first thing Sat AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Resident *******

That's due to lack of back-pressure. It's fine.

BigRed Photography

Quote: