Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Imagine Owner

Question Imagine 04 being a gas hog

So I went to my grandparents house this weekend, and they own lots of private land w/ no one around them for miles. So me and my brother decide to take our guns, but only had enough room for stock parts and two 9oz tanks. But thing was, I got through maybe half of a 250 round hopper before I ran out of gas. There was a lot of frost out of the end the first four shots, but then I adjusted the FPS a little and it stopped. But yet my brother got three hoppers through his. Any ideas why?

Imagine Owners Club Member #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungeye
Theres some thing money can't buy, for everything else theres americans hu cant spell
Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Marine Corps.

Default Re: Imagine 04 being a gas hog

co2 is very inconsistant .. it could depend on many variables ... could be because of the climate you were in .. could depend on the temperature of the bottle, could also depend on how well your gun takes co2. There are many factors .. so that's why co2 is not the best choice ...

i'v seen co2 tanks run at 1k psi when hot out and co2 tanks run at 500 psi because of cold weather ...

Being stock could also contribute to it ... might want to consider on putting home mods
Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Imagine Owner

I thought about the weather thing, but I don't understand the fact that my brothers lasted so much longer. My dad was thinking the because mine is electric and his mech? Would that contribute to anything? But the other thing is, i've used so many times before in the same weather, same place and had a 12oz last for hours all stock. Could not chronoing do it?

Imagine Owners Club Member #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungeye
Theres some thing money can't buy, for everything else theres americans hu cant spell
Old 03-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Marine Corps.

not really ... but there probably are differently set ... one gun might be more efficient than another ...

one tank could be more filled than another .. since people don't always fill right ...

one person could be shooting more .. (faster) than the other ... (makes the tank colder .. quicker .. and more of a chance for liquid co2 to get through)

co2's just so inconsistent .. that there's a whole huge humungo amount of factors ..

but not chronoing it shouldn't be a problem assuming your both running at the same FPS .. and the whole electric and mech wouldn't really matter .. unless your shooting faster/slower than the other person