Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Safe, Burst, Get Some

Default Upgrades help

I want to make my MR1 my main gun now and I'm having trouble finding a bolt that fits it. The only bolts I know of that fits it is the ACP bolts and I don't think I want one.
For my barrel I was thinking a J&J 12in or a RAP4 barrel. Has anyone used the RAP4 barrel? If I got it I was thinking I would be able to get barrel kits and stuff down the road. Also the RAP4 comes in 7/8in and 1in whats the difference?
Right now all I have on it is a spring kit and velocity booster. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
New Guy

Default Re: Upgrades help

SEARCH!!! Theres plenty of upgrades around this thread.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:25 PM
who did you say you were?

ok, just go with the ACS bolt, you don't need anything more. i've heard much better things about the J&Js, and rap4 is over priced. and the diff is one is 1 inch outer diameter, while the other is 7/8". also, im ordering a J&J so go with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15
ahh to the days you can appreciate the gifts too! nothing like getting legos on your b-day
Old 05-14-2009, 02:02 PM

Rap4 barrels are very tight-bore, i have a spyder classic with a problem with the ball detent. The ball would just not stay in the gun while pointed downward, they roll straight trough a j&j. switched barrels, now the rap4 act as ball detent. This could cause chops depending on the marker.

On my experience, a j&j has better range and overall accuracy than a rap4, but the rap4 has something special hard to describe. It feels more ballistic, and the shots are affected by wind in a different manner than other barrels, its a bit more controlable if you can spot wind direction.