Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 06:16 AM
New Guy

Default I"m going low pressure so HELP

Well I already had a DP G3 so this is just for fun and the love of spyders. So I have a Spyder Pilot Acs 2005 model and I am going low pressure. So far in my research I believe I need... For best results going LP

Bolt:A Aka Lightning Bolt due to Otters success and will can csomeone comfrim it fits it is the second to last one on this page http://www.akalmp.com/lightning.html

Regulator: I'm just going to get a Evil Detonator

Front Block:Trinity Front Block if there is any otehr recondemations I will listen

Valve:This is where I really need you guys where(install) , how(to install) and aftermarket parts do you guys recomend

Hammer: Titanium Hammer from Dark Horizon and the hammer has otters mod
Pure Energy 68/4500psi tank
Red Dye Spyder stickie 3 grips
Blue Nxe 68ci tank cover
Clear Halo B feedin it all
Black CCM Low Profile Clamping Feedneck It's my Rainbow Colored Gun hoping to get some yellow on it.
http://pbgoods.com/index.php?id=10568
Free website for paintball gear(comlplete sum surveys)
Old 04-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Seņor Member

Default Re: I"m going low pressure so HELP

IMO, drop the Detonator and get yourself a used Bob Long Torpedo, while some people may have had luck with the Evil regs, I hate them. Not to mention the Bob Long comes apart tool-less, the Det needs snap ring pliers.

Good Valves - AKA Tornado ($$$), 32 Degrees Magnaport, NDZ High Flow (basically a drilled valve with a machined pin), Madman Rocket

Front Blocks - Look out for a Check-it Assault Block - Trinity copied their design (on the 15 degree forward models).

As for the striker - they're few and far between, it's luck if you can find someone selling one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 04-26-2009, 10:06 AM
o_o

^^ Yea, that!

I was gonna recommend a Palmer's Stabilizer for the Reg, but those need pliers to take apart, too, but they're the best when running CO2.

Bolts, I heard the AKA fits some Spyders, but not all. With that bolt, you'd have to make the Pilot a rear-cocking marker. If you want to keep it top-cocking, Alamo City Paintball makes great bolts. I've heard nothing but good things about their stuff.

As for valves, the AKA Tornado or the Maddman Rocket are the highest-flowing, if I recall correctly. While the AKA and the Rocket are pretty much side-by-side in flow rate, the AKA costs about $25 more than the Rocket. With the Rocket, though, you've gotta tinker with the SPR to get it just right, while the AKA is more of a drop-in part.

Strikers, you're dead on. Although I have heard that the DH Strikers have a problem with wearing quickly, I haven't had anything like that happen with mine.

If you get lucky, you'll see an LP sale in the B/S/T here. Doubt anything like that will come up on PbNation.

EDIT: ferret's got a somewhat-LP sale going on. He's got a Palmer's and an AKA valve for sale.
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=19875

My Parts For Sale Thread!!

Quote:
"Originally posted by Vicious49: Pickles are just cucumbers soaked in evil."
SOC Feedback (+10, -0)
PbN Feedback (+13, -0)
IOG Feedback (+1,-0)

Last edited by dizzy : 04-26-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:05 PM
New Guy

Also my gun currently has a broken sear or something like that when i had a shop look at and they said 30$ to repair so I have no idea what to because i'm saving up for this. Also I lost the recockign pin and what are your guys recondematiosn because the freakin allen key trick only reulsted in 6 lost allen keys and one wicked bloody hand of mine(dont ask) But do the aftermarket bolts come with them.

Bolt:Honestly I have noticed on otters lp quest the bolt is what can really make a difference in your fps so is it worth it to try to go for that extra 25fps or should I get accuracy. So about the alamo city bolts they look so cheap I do not know?

Regulator: Now planning on getting a used Bob Long Torpedo

Front Block:Chech-It-Assault Block

Valve:Maddmann Rocket. Also Dizzy what do you mean SPR

Also am I missing any other possible lp parts (I am getting a sprign kit from alamo city pb,(its actually spacers can increase up to 40 fps)).
Pure Energy 68/4500psi tank
Red Dye Spyder stickie 3 grips
Blue Nxe 68ci tank cover
Clear Halo B feedin it all
Black CCM Low Profile Clamping Feedneck It's my Rainbow Colored Gun hoping to get some yellow on it.
http://pbgoods.com/index.php?id=10568
Free website for paintball gear(comlplete sum surveys)

Last edited by BostonLeprachan : 04-26-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: i love men, jsut joking forgot to do first paragraph
Old 04-26-2009, 02:24 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

actually just pm'd you. i got some extra sears lying around, i would hate to see you get hastled over something like that.

Feedback +18/0
Old 04-26-2009, 06:32 PM
o_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonLeprachan View Post
Also my gun currently has a broken sear or something like that when i had a shop look at and they said 30$ to repair so I have no idea what to because i'm saving up for this. Also I lost the recockign pin and what are your guys recondematiosn because the freakin allen key trick only reulsted in 6 lost allen keys and one wicked bloody hand of mine(dont ask) But do the aftermarket bolts come with them.

Bolt:Honestly I have noticed on otters lp quest the bolt is what can really make a difference in your fps so is it worth it to try to go for that extra 25fps or should I get accuracy. So about the alamo city bolts they look so cheap I do not know?

Valve:Maddmann Rocket. Also Dizzy what do you mean SPR
Some bolts bring a new pin. If you need a replacement of the stock one for now, here's a link for it at SPPS: http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/...47/2940653.htm

Alamo City bolts look cheap 'cause they're made of delrin; not aluminum like the AKA (If I remember correctly), but they're pretty good for LP. AKA, you'd go Rear-Cocking, ACP bolt, you can keep the marker top-cocking.

As for the SPR: http://www.maddmanproducts.com/Home_...der_Guide.html
The SPR is the little white thing above the spring. It controls the tension on the spring, and as a result, controls how much air goes through the valve. Like I said, the Rocket is tricky to tune, but you'll get it just right after some trial-and-error. If you get the Rocket, get the rebuild kit in case you mess up.

Quote:
SOC Feedback (+10, -0)
PbN Feedback (+13, -0)
IOG Feedback (+1,-0)
Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

I've also found that in my LP builds, to enlarge the holes in the ASA and VA (depending on the VA used). The Assault block had smaller holes that the Trinity block did and I simply bored them 2 sizes larger. Also, the part of the VA that fits into the marker body needs to have the air channel enlarged BUT BE CAREFUL HERE because you can accidentally breech the screw hole that connects it to the body. Don't let that happen or you hyave to plug/seal the screw into that hole and that's a ***** (trust me, it happened to me).

Maddmann spring kit. You forgot about that.

Seal the vent hole in the bottom tube under the valve. You forgot that too.

Remove any CO2 screens you find.

And an alternative to the Torp reg is an HP Custom Products (CP) reg. You need HP because of the psi range. Anything that goes from 700si down should work. CPs also work well with CO2 but require cleanings more often.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 AM

Nothing wrong with the evil denator regulator. Ive used mine for 3 seasons of paintballing and never had a single issue with it. It only cost $20 bucks too which is always a good point. The only thing wrong with it is has no plug to put in an gauge. Also look for the 32 degree front block, it is cheap at $15 bucks and stays in the original postion unlike the trinity front block that has that weird angle.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 AM
o_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Seal the vent hole in the bottom tube under the valve. You forgot that too.
That, from what I hear, is only beneficial with the Rocket valve if it's not recocking. Or else, it'll create a vacuum and cause sputtering. From experience, I've never plugged that hole and manage to get ~240 psi as an Op. Pressure, so I guess it varies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn22stl View Post
Also look for the 32 degree front block, it is cheap at $15 bucks and stays in the original postion unlike the trinity front block that has that weird angle.
You can usually find cheap Trinity or Check-it's for $10 on the B/S/T here, or on PbNation if ya get lucky.
Also, for some, the angle that the blocks have make the marker much more comfortable to hold. I'd say try 'em out if you can.

Quote:
SOC Feedback (+10, -0)
PbN Feedback (+13, -0)
IOG Feedback (+1,-0)