Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 06:24 PM
New Guy

Exclamation upgrade performance

A friend of mine told me to change the stock spring and get a spring kit so my gun could reach farther and shoot a little harder. I didn't but some other friends told me that that isn't enough, that I needed to change the the valve too. I'm not sure how each benefit the performance of my marker, can anyone shed some light on that situation for me?

Also I've been reading about double double o-ring delrin bolts, let me see if I got it right, the double o-rings help shoot full auto and don't get the "prrrft" sound ?

much thx for any info
Old 04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
add 1,794 posts

Default Re: upgrade performance

spring kits do not necessarily make you gun shoot farther, it can (you should be shooting at 285-300fps any way, so as long as you have that velocity you should be fine.) a valve helps with getting better efficiency. double o-rings dont have anything to do with full auto. that "prrft" sound is dealing with your gun not having enough preasure to recock the gun
Old 04-19-2009, 07:09 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow View Post
spring kits do not necessarily make you gun shoot farther, it can (you should be shooting at 285-300fps any way, so as long as you have that velocity you should be fine.) a valve helps with getting better efficiency. double o-rings dont have anything to do with full auto. that "prrft" sound is dealing with your gun not having enough preasure to recock the gun

what do you mean about efficiency?

the base of my question is on the things my friend told me and this valve I found http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/...82/2940719.htm

and what do the double o-rings do, I've read about a lot of people recommending them
Old 04-19-2009, 07:25 PM
add 1,794 posts

you will get more shots from the same amount of gas as you did before

double o-rings will allow less air to possibly pass around the bolt
Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkShadow View Post
you will get more shots from the same amount of gas as you did before

double o-rings will allow less air to possibly pass around the bolt
sorry to keep asking, but you are the only one that has answered

what about the claim about increased FPS, is that possible?

thx again
Old 04-19-2009, 07:48 PM
add 1,794 posts

do you know what fps you're shooting at? if not you need to. it is very important to know your fps. you should be shooting at 285-300. if you have turned your velocity all the way up/down and can't get in that range, a spring kit should fix that
Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Resident *******

Quote:
Originally Posted by j053 View Post
A friend of mine told me to change the stock spring and get a spring kit so my gun could reach farther and shoot a little harder.
Let me stop you right there. No more help to this fella until this issue right here is resolved, aight guys?

YOU NEED TO CHRONOGRAPH. Period. If you want to shoot harder and to have it go farther, you're obviously in the wrong sport. This sport is about the competition between players in a great game of tag. You are not playing it properly if you are partaking in this ideal of hurting people. People can lose eyes or DIE from not following the proper protocols of this sport. There's a ****load more to it than just going out and trying to hurt people. Just a couple weeks ago, a ball caught someone wrong at my local field under the mask (he turned to shout something to his back), and the ball hit one of his nerves and threw him into a seizure. This was at the proper velocity. Imagine what that would do to one of your "friends" if you continue your disgraceful intents to hurt others.

Good luck to you, sir. You have topped my list for today of people that are dragging my beloved sport down.

Fix your act as well as your friends by purchasing a chronograph (I can direct you to one, if need be) and USE IT to properly chronograph your markers, and I will personally answer every last question you have. If you do not, then do not look for help from the members of this venerable forum in harming others.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Welcome to SOC.

Let me first say, Red is a hot head, but he means well.

He has valid points and safety is the number one priority in our sport.

If you are playing at a comercial field they will require you to chronograph your marker to get the FPS down to a safe level (under 300fps). Anything higher than that can break skin and can be dangerous to google lenses etc.

If you are playing locally with some buds, then please collect a few bucks each and purchase a hand held chronograph. They run about $40 and are worth every penny.

Now to answer your questions. If you marker is shooting hot (300+) and you have backed out your velocity adjustment screw then you will need to either get a spring kit or cut your stock spring to reduce the velocity. If you are shooting too low and cant get the velocity up to 285ish then the spring kit will help you fine tune your FPS.

Shooting further is not the idea, but being accurate. A better investment is a good barrel. If you take 2 markers and both are shooting 285fps in theory both shots should travel the same distance. If you want more range think about picking up an Apex barrel. Also, once the ball travels a distance the velocity of the ball slows a lot. A slower ball is more likely to bounce and what good is a far shot if you cant eliminate the target.

Getting a new valve in your marker will help with the number of shots you get off a single fill. A new valve in combination with a regulator for your marker can help lower the opperating pressure and thus increase the shots/tank.

Again welcome to SOC and search the site for you answers, lots of them have been posted in the past.

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Friendly fire is not so freindly

Right now I am battling some other guys that play at the same feild as us (not a regular coarse, outlaw ball) and all they do is crank there guns up and that is just stupid. When I get back home I am going to start cracking heads. I have already recomended to my crew that they not play with them untill they chrono. I am not here to put people or take people to the hospital I am here to have fun and to do that saftey is paramount. Now on that note in order for me to get my MR-2 up too 285 fps I did have to change the spring to a stiffer one but I chronoed 1st to find out how fast I was shooting and again after changing the spring to get 285 fps. I know this is a repeat of what others have said but it is just that important.

The 2 o-ring bolt that everyone is talking about helps with blow back which seems to be bad on the MR-2.

MR-2

MR-4

TM-7

Pump
Old 04-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Life is peachy

Hat I would just refuse to play with them, if they dont care for your safty or others there not worth waisting your time. I know you guys have a chrono tell them to use it if they refuse just tell them then there out and can go hurt eachother.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)