Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Default I might have to rethink my position

On paintball snipers that is. I've recently seen a new marker that, if the First Strike lives up to its hype (and that's still a very big if), this would legitimately be considered a paintball sniper.

Based on the bottom half of a CCM S6, with a custom top tube, it is a bolt action, single-shot marker. In the last pic, you see the paintballs loaded in cartridges (also what's orange in the first pics). This cartridge can either be removed and reloaded each shot, or you can leave it in and feed the balls one at a time. They are waiting for a case of First Strikes to arrive to test with them, as well as Delrin rounds and a few other things.

Very interesting little gun.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: I might have to rethink my position

looks decent, id like to see a vid of this in action
Old 04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Life is peachy

I like that nice post.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 04-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Think with your dipstick............Jimmy !!!!!

ok so what makes it a "sniper" rifle? all it looks like is a long barrel and a weird removable striker. plus a few extra pieces to make it look different. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Respected Player

That looks sick! I would never get it cause it's not my type but it does look cool.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:59 AM
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach

Buff, what makes it a sniper is that it is configured to shoot accurately, especially once those First Strike rounds come out. And do it in style I might add.

Vid of me and my Guitar
derek_owns_a_guerrilla_radio-School buses don't = target practice, Hoss.. 
Hossapher-i shot alot of different types

MR1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Spyder Addict

Yet it shoots no further than any of the pistols that will be capable of shooting that round.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:28 AM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

I disagree about not outshooting a reconfigured pistol. One, typically, pistols run off of 12 gram cartridges, which are notorious for being inconsistent in pressure and be filled dirty.

Secondly, in regards to the First Strike rounds, if they work, you can't tell me that a pistol with a 5-6 inch barrel is going to be as consistently accurate as a full-size marker with a high-end barrel.

Additionally, the typical pistol sacrifices a number of things to increase shot count off the 12g and to minimize the size of the components. A full-size marker will not have those limitations.

Also, this marker has been designed around a number of projectiles, one of them being the First Strike round. I can't believe that an add-on kit to an existing product is going to make it work that much better, maybe the T9, but not a pistol.

In closing, I just want to say that I remain skeptical of a true paintball sniper, however, if one exists, I think that this marker, possibly a one of a kind creation ever, combined with the First Strike rounds, if they can be proven to work in the field, may possibly create what could be considered as close to a paintball sniper as we will see.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
add 1,794 posts

looks cool
Old 04-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Spyder Addict

Actually quite the contrary...........if your goal is to shoot one round and not walk a bunch of rounds on to a target..............there is no need for extreme consistency. The pistols can easily chronograph on CO2 fairly consistently. The only time a major temperature change would occur would be if you were shooting alot of rounds. Otherwise pressure from CO2 is consistent. If you care to come to our field I'll prove a phantom is = on CO2 and HPA. I carry both in my phantom bag! As far as ability to shoot more rounds........that doesn't seem to be a sniper trait at all. As far as the shorter barrel...........the point of the round is the round stabilizes itself......the only purpose of the barrel would be to make sure gas didn't escape around the projectile before the proper velocity is reached.....which is only about 4".

As far as a paintball sniper..........I've always said yes the position does exist regardless of equipment. The definition of a sniper can be extremely varied. I've been in several discussions on snipers and you'll always find major differences in types of snipers. My argument is this.........as a Law Enforcement officer I am extremely good with a rifle. I even surprised the hell out of myself with a 1500 yard shot last fall at a target. Alot of people will call someone like me a marksman.............FBI calls the position a SWAT Sniper. But obviously that's a totally different type of sniper than crawling around Afganistan for weeks waiting for a shot.

My opinion is this..........anyone that wants to lay down in a Ghillie suit for hours and pass up lots of great shooting opportunities to wait for the right opportunity on a specific target can call themselves a sniper in my book! A good paintball sniper can go un-noticed without firing a round for hours. If that's your paintball style have at it. Will this revolutionize paintball. Probably not. If your OK with spending $1 per round and want to spend hours in the bush have at it. I guess the real question is when I pull out my bow and shoot the same round.....................What the hell am I?