Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 03:42 PM
New Guy

Default Re: I am DONE with spyder.

Alright, i'll see to that battery. But what about the other problems? what about that fact that it didnt work 4 days after getting it back, and the only thing i touched was lubing the bolt? thats what bugs me.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Has Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummie224 View Post
Alright, i'll see to that battery. But what about the other problems? what about that fact that it didnt work 4 days after getting it back, and the only thing i touched was lubing the bolt? thats what bugs me.

I pretty sure you are not supposed to lube the bolt. Just oil the Oring on the striker. That could be problem number 1.

Second thing you said that you checked the marker and made sure everything is right. Were all humans. We all make mistakes, (well maybe not me ) but can you accept the fact that you may have made an error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Life is peachy

I can understand that your frustrated, but really you have the upper hand there are alot of people on here that have or have had that marker and probably experianced problem similer to yours. Talk with a few of them take there advice check and see. Im confident that there are alot of people here who will help you get your marker going quickly.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 04-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Batteries have a finite life span of approximatel 1000 charges. It's called "memory" and that's caused by gas bubbles building in the cells. Snce you've already admitted to infrequent play, storing a battery completely dead or even with a partial charge can ruin it. Unless you have a deep-cycler, your battery is likely shot and simply put...Kingman most likely used their own battery and not yours.

Replace the battery with another 9.6V, 180 to 220 mAh NiMh rechargable
battery.Charge it for 16 hours UNINTERUPTED. Radio shack has them or one of the stores in the link in my sig.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:29 PM
RaWr

Why are you acting like we are the ones giving you the run around, everyone here is legitimately trying to help you, and all of your replies have been either patronizing or sarcastic. Sounds to me like you are just looking for a reason to hate kingman, and taking it out on us for trying to help you solve your problem, rather than jumping in and agreeing with you with your "death to kingman" ideals. Sorry brojo but they are just being civil in trying to help you, if you dont want help fixing the problem and have given up on the kingman name then why make this thread?
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 04-11-2009, 05:56 PM
New Guy

Im sorry about being over-angry about this whole thing. Everything else went wrong that day. First of all, my brand new Ninja air tank, my birthday present, blew a burst disk on the very first fill. I didn't think the day could get any worse. Then the gun problems. Then i missed the first game of the day trying to fix it. So all those problems just made me snap. I really do appreciate all the help, Its just that EVERYTHING went wrong that day. All my stuff broke, with the exception of my soft gear. So im just angry at paintball.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Resident *******

Here's what I'd do:

Email/call Ninja Paintball about a new burst disk. They should supply one given that it was on the first fill, and thus a flawed part. Not a big deal, it happens.

Get a new battery for your marker. ActionVillage (www.pbgear.com) stocks 9.6V batteries for fairly cheap. Heck, might as well pick up a set of 3 of them so you have one for the gun and 2 for your hopper.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 04-11-2009, 06:23 PM
New Guy

Oh, what i meant when i said lubed the bolt, i meant the striker O-ring.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
It never charges. I'll leave the charger in for 4 hours, and there will be no chrage. so i have like half an hour of battery for 6 hours of play. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Batteries have a finite life span of approximately 1000 charges. It's called "memory" and that's caused by gas bubbles building in the cells. Since you've already admitted to infrequent play, storing a battery completely dead or even with a partial charge can ruin it. Unless you have a deep-cycler, your battery is likely shot and simply put...Kingman most likely used their own battery and not yours.

Replace the battery with another 9.6V, 180 to 220 mAh NiMh rechargeable
battery.Charge it for 16 hours UNINTERUPTED. Radio shack has them or one of the stores in the link in my sig.
Quote:
Second of all, i air up the gun, and go to chrono. I take a few shots, and the balls didnt even make it out of the barrel. I took aff the barrel, took a paintball, and dropped it right through.I talked to the guys at the field, and they said it was something to do with the pressure. Ive never had that problme before. .
Perhaps you screwed the tank TOO tight. You could actually block the pin valve port if you do. Next time, screw the bottle until tight and then unscrew it 1/4 turn. Air it up and try again.
Also something to consider is that if you recently switched to HPA, and it's acting up with the HPA (and not CO2) you might ave to remove the screen filter from the marker. Look at the parts diagram to see where that would be and get it out of there.

Quote:
Oh, what i meant when i said lubed the bolt, i meant the striker O-ring.
The striker ORing requires oil......not lube (lube meaning a grease)...so if you are using grease, that could be the problem as well.

Also, make sure you have the RED ORing on the striker...not a black one and CERTAINLY not a clear one. Those are tank rings and are not the same. ORing. If you need one, get one from the spare parts kit or get a new kit from actionvillage.

How many times have you played in the 4 years of age the marker is? It really sounds to me like a lack of playing has started to take its toll on the marker. A complete overhaul of the ORings, springs, remove the CO2 filter and change out seals/cup seal is in order. Winter is the best time to make your fixes....that way you are up and running when you get the Spring-time "game on"
Old 04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
New Guy

Hey druid, are you a member on techpb? Theres a druid there too. Anyway, I've only owned the marker for about one and a half years. And what you said about HPA, when i went to the field before i owned a tank, i would rent hpa, because Hpa is better than co2 (in most cases). And yes i use gun oil, not lube. Sorry, im not making much sense today. And yes, it has a red O ring. I took every part out of the gun, and i couldnt find anything visually out of the ordinary. And by the way, i still cant figure out how its possible to put the bolt in upside down. The Pin, on the bottome of the bolt, That connects to the striker, doesnt allow the bolt to be put in upside down. Oh well.