Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 AM
New Guy

Default I am DONE with spyder.

I have had enough. Every day i went paintballing, i have had a problem with my electra 05. Recently, i had a board problem. i sent it in to spyder, and they fixed the board, tested it, and it "worked just fine". I went paintballing yesterday, and guess what? First of all, the battery didnt charge at all. It never charges. I'll leave the charger in for 4 hours, and there will be no chrage. so i have like half an hour of battery for 6 hours of play. Great, thanks spyder, that was "fixed". Second of all, i air up the gun, and go to chrono. I take a few shots, and the balls didnt even make it out of the barrel. I took aff the barrel, took a paintball, and dropped it right through.I talked to the guys at the field, and they said it was something to do with the pressure. Ive never had that problme before. I hadnt changed ANYTHING, since i got it back 4 days ago. I am done with this bull****. I called kingamn tech dept, and i had to explain things to them. They are asking me BS questions like "is the bolt upside-down?" Its not possible to have the bolt upside down! I could have more reliability with a god damn SLING SHOT! So im done. Im just done. Im sick, and tired of dealing with this bull****. Im not going to touch a spyder again. Thanks for ruining every single day of paintball for me kingman.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: I am DONE with spyder.

its probably not a board problem, but it sounds like the battery is shot. and it sounds like your valve may be in backwards. and yes, the 05 electra has a acs bolt, which can be upside down if you put the quick strip pin in from the wrong side of the bolt (hole near the front should face the bottom)
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
New Guy

Ok, It was a board problem. They (kingman tech dpt,) replaced the board. The battery cant be shot, otherwise how could they test it? And, if the valve was in backwards, they would know because it would leak. (assuming they tested it)
Old 04-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Double Tomahawk my way threw

maybe kingman put in the valve backwards? check that bolt maybe in upsidedown. check the pressure on the reg.
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:21:29 PM): i was there from 10pm to 4am
FootInY0Ass (1:22:15 PM): holy **** you dropped it hard last night
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:22:57 PM): and i was there thursday and friday
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:23:20 PM): thursday, they closed early so we went to the bar up the street afterwards
FootInY0Ass (1:23:40 PM): AA time.......
SOC Feedback : http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5392
Ebay Feedback : http://myworld.ebay.com/vicentezarate
Old 04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
New Guy

i'll check the valve, but that would be a pretty stupid mistake if they did. Bolt is the right way, im posotive. How can i check the pressure on the "reg". Its an expansion chamber anyway. theres no gauge.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:11 PM

oh ok... its an 05 electra... did you mess with the velocity adjustment in the back? maybe theres not enough tention on the spring when the hammer hits the valve cup?
mOddEd LiKe HeLL (1:23:20 PM): thursday, they closed early so we went to the bar up the street afterwards
Old 04-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Has Been

There are many errors in your posts (some have already been answered). it seems like you should have checked your gun over before you play, as most paintball players do.

First off, The bolt can be upside down. It is a common mistake that even the best of us make.

Secondly, Your supposed to charge the battery for like 14 hours I believe for a full charge. 4 hours is not 14.

Never having a problem with the pressure is a good thing, but you just had one. The valve could be put in wrong, you may have messed with the velocity adjuster and such. Also, if you stored the gun in too hot of a place or too cold of a place, or just not how a paintball gun should be stored anyways could be your problem. I had the problem once with my ACS bolt as well.

It is also a 05 Electra. It is 2009 if you have not checked your calendar lately. If you have used it only a few times and its been sitting around for some time, you should have definitely oiled it up before you played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy View Post
There are many errors in your posts (some have already been answered). it seems like you should have checked your gun over before you play, as most paintball players do.

First off, The bolt can be upside down. It is a common mistake that even the best of us make.

Secondly, Your supposed to charge the battery for like 14 hours I believe for a full charge. 4 hours is not 14.

Never having a problem with the pressure is a good thing, but you just had one. The valve could be put in wrong, you may have messed with the velocity adjuster and such. Also, if you stored the gun in too hot of a place or too cold of a place, or just not how a paintball gun should be stored anyways could be your problem. I had the problem once with my ACS bolt as well.

It is also a 05 Electra. It is 2009 if you have not checked your calendar lately. If you have used it only a few times and its been sitting around for some time, you should have definitely oiled it up before you played.
nicely put
Old 04-11-2009, 02:35 PM
New Guy

Ok, Guess what i did the night before i went to play? I took out the bolt, and lubed everything up. I put everything back the way it was supposed to be, i double checked it. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that the bolt was fine. About the battery, I have the quick charge battery. In my manual it says that they battery should be charged for an hour and a half. After that time, the battery was still dead, so i left it in longer, still nothing. And yes, it is old-ish, but no i haven't played with it very much. My local field is an hour away, and hard to get to. So it has been "sitting around" for a while. But EVERY time before i play, the night before, i oil and lube EVERYTHING that needs to be oiled and lubed. I take care of my stuff because thats all i can afford right now.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Arrow Re: I am DONE with spyder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummie224 View Post
........About the battery, I have the quick charge battery. In my manual it says that they battery should be charged for an hour and a half. After that time, the battery was still dead, so i left it in longer, still nothing............
You say right there the battery's dead, you diagnosed your own problem. I'm proud of you -

Funny thing is, you have a marker that's waaaaaay out of warranty and Kingman still took it in and didn't charge you a thing. If it worked fine for them, that doesn't mean that they had to use your dead battery to test it. Why should they replace a battery that you burnt? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216