Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:52 PM
pntballer5634's Avatar
pntballer5634 pntballer5634 is offline
who did you say you were?
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toms river
Posts: 395
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

man you must have a death wish...
__________________
my feedback
______________________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15
ahh to the days you can appreciate the gifts too! nothing like getting legos on your b-day
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 PM
pntballer5634's Avatar
pntballer5634 pntballer5634 is offline
who did you say you were?
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toms river
Posts: 395
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

im gonna go hide under my bed
__________________
my feedback
______________________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15
ahh to the days you can appreciate the gifts too! nothing like getting legos on your b-day
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:55 PM
slim and shady's Avatar
slim and shady slim and shady is offline
Life is peachy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wildwood, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,239
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

relax its just Red.......He pretends to be all mean and ornery but deep inside he has a kind loving heart. We just havent found it yet
__________________
General Shawn Wayne Tetz, Commander 187th Gaurds Mechanized Rilfe Division.
- Includes the 3rd armored brigade from the 34th Gaurds Armored Division. (APC's and armor as well as support elements)
-UCSF Armored Division Commander



Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)



-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 PM
pntballer5634's Avatar
pntballer5634 pntballer5634 is offline
who did you say you were?
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toms river
Posts: 395
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

i think he lost that kind heart a while back hahaha
__________________
my feedback
______________________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15
ahh to the days you can appreciate the gifts too! nothing like getting legos on your b-day
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:00 PM
pntballer5634's Avatar
pntballer5634 pntballer5634 is offline
who did you say you were?
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toms river
Posts: 395
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

i can see him waking up tomorrow, seeing this thread, and throwing his computer out the window, than going back to bed
__________________
my feedback
______________________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15
ahh to the days you can appreciate the gifts too! nothing like getting legos on your b-day
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-10-2009, 08:05 PM
pntballer5634's Avatar
pntballer5634 pntballer5634 is offline
who did you say you were?
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toms river
Posts: 395
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

good news is, i dnt thik he's on right now, however, he could probably answer all of our questions in about two seconds, and make half us cry
__________________
my feedback
______________________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15
ahh to the days you can appreciate the gifts too! nothing like getting legos on your b-day
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 PM
bigred76's Avatar
bigred76 bigred76 is offline
Resident *******
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 6,228
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

I'm back, was at a birthday party for a good friend. I'm tired, so I'ma make this short. This first bit is based on the assumption that the barrel and paint is PERFECT, and is only directly about the operating system of the marker.

Astonishingly, over a SINGLE shot, I believe the Tippmann to be more accurate than any other marker except for other single tubed guns (Nelsons, Marqs, and all the spoolies). Why? Because there isn't any torquing up or down (Spyders, Egos or Intimidators), or diagonally (Angels, Vikings, and Excals) due to parts of the operating system being in different tubes.

Pumps, however, are at a slight disadvantage technically at the start of the firing cycle because of Newton's Law. Basically, because it's pushing the ball out the front, the barrel will rise. With a blow-back or other marker that is semi-auto, the marker's back pressure as well as cyclic mass help to lower that felt force.

Now, that was theory. Moving onto practical: The Cyborg operating with an LPR pressure (thus force on the ram) of 60-75psi has LITTLE to counteract the force of the ball leaving the barrel. This, however, is a good thing as the bolt at rest has an "open breech." When the marker is fired, that force with the cyclic mass moves forward, causing the marker to move. That is offset by the 150-250psi coming out of the HPR through the valve. Because its system is so balanced, little kick is felt. That's what truly is important in accuracy. Less felt kick means that you can refocus on the target quicker. The Tippmann has a heavy mass of internal parts and the valve throws out close to 650psi down the barrel, resulting in an unbalanced system and thus more felt kick.

Final words: Because of the above paragraph, my thoughts are that the most accurate marker is any that has been tuned to be properly balanced between the pressure that moves the cyclic mass and cycles the marker and the pressure that flows through the valve and out the barrel propelling the paintball. Of course, a higher quality paintball marker will do this better since it is designed for this purpose. Quite honestly, Spyders and Tippmanns are both slapped together for the sole purpose of getting new players into the sport. That's it. Even a FASOR (like a T1 or DP Fusion) will operate much better, even though only a single thing has been changed: the addition of a rammer system.

This is because it's electronically controlled, and you can more precisely tune the marker. THAT is what reduces kick, not some gimmick. Gimmicks can help to balance the marker's operating system (like the NecroRam/EigenRam for the Intimidator or the Zick Kit for the Ego or the EigenBolt/NV Bolt for the Shocker) by lowering the pressure needed to make it all work. With less force needing to be in play, it allows you balance the marker at a much more reasonable pressure.


My kind loving heart went on hiatus after the ******* inside me kicked its ass.
__________________
SOC (+41, -0) | PBN (+12, -0) | New PBN (+20, -0)

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-11-2009, 03:44 AM
DFSniper's Avatar
DFSniper DFSniper is offline
Official SOC Short Bus Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Posts: 8,401
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post
So, let me get this straight, just because I'm feeling uppity. You're saying that a pump is going to be more accurate, because of the regulator consistency? By your logic, my Cyborg, with it's Gladiator reg (regarded as one of the best regulators out there) is going to be less accurate than my pump Trilogy, with it's CP reg.

If you're basing accuracy off of saying that the reg isn't recharging fast enough, then you need a better reg, not a pump.
no, using the same paint, same barrel, same reg, same air system. of course if you have a **** reg its going to have **** consistency.
__________________
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:33 AM
pntballer5634's Avatar
pntballer5634 pntballer5634 is offline
who did you say you were?
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toms river
Posts: 395
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

but still, a well balance target **** gun wouldnt beat my mr1...
__________________
my feedback
______________________________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15
ahh to the days you can appreciate the gifts too! nothing like getting legos on your b-day
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-11-2009, 08:46 AM
LostCause's Avatar
LostCause LostCause is offline
Cpt of team Lost Cause
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 791
Default Re: most accurate paintball gun

laser guided fin stablived ICBM paintball is the most accuracte....just needs a massive launchpad marker.....
__________________
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU
Mask:Blue Vents Avatars (clear[cloudy/rainy] or smoke lense[sunny/sunny]
Pack: NXe 3+2+2
U.S. Army ROTC
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:53 AM.