Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Mechanical Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Moving Target Practice

Default 32 degress Magnaport Valve problems

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with the 32 degrees magnaport valve leaking. After I installed the valve I found that it was leaking. I did manage to verify it was the valve by stripping away everything so that there was just the valve and cap in the marker and it was still leaking air.

I've tried replacing using the stock valve pin, 32* high-flo pin, stock cup seal, 32* cup seal, a ACP delrin bullit seal, and all 6 combinations of of the above.

I tried pulling the o-rings off the stock valve and putting them on the 32* valve, tried tri-flo oil on all the sets of rings, Dow 33, wrapping the "ring grooves" with teflon tape but nothing seems to seal it off.

Any one have any ideas. I'm trying to move to a lower pressure system using the high-flo valve. Rocket valve will be the next step if nothing else works but I'd rather not have to go that route (yet).

Any one with other ideas?

Spyder MR1
Direct Connect Q-Loader
16" J&J Ceramic
Perfect Dot w/Cantilever mount
ACP Delrin Bolt
Old 03-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Seņor Member

Default Re: 32 degress Magnaport Valve problems

how long have you let the valve seat in the gun before you aired it? Sometimes the orings take a little while to swell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X
Old 03-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

it doesnt leak with the stock valve?
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Moving Target Practice

Battle, the valve has been sitting in the gun for a few weeks before airing up and that's when it started leaking. I then pulled it out cleaned the tube and swapped o-rings and tried airing it up again - still leaking. I made sure to clean the tube and rings every time I removed the valve.

DF - it doesn't seem to leak with the stock valve and stock valve pin/cupseal but I find I'm better taking the regulator off if I run stock internals as I need the higher pressure, which I'm trying to get away from.

Spyder MR1
Direct Connect Q-Loader
16" J&J Ceramic
Perfect Dot w/Cantilever mount
ACP Delrin Bolt
Old 03-22-2009, 09:52 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Appears that you've done almost everything. Only other thing I could think of is there's a dent on the ridge in the front of the valve body. If there is you can sand it out by laying fine sandpaper on a flat surface then scrape the ridge on it till the ding is gone. Nuther thing is if you're not still using the cup seal guide it can leak too -

BTW, big hole front and small hole back, right? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 AM
I just want to make the kids cry...

Relevant or not. My stock valve was leaking, I found a small set of dinks in the valves inlet ring, I used 320 then 400 wet-dry sand paper on a flat surface being careful to keep pressure even and making sure to rotate it each slide so it didnt develop an angle.
Then I wend one better by polishing it with a ceramic knife sharping stone, it shines like a mirror now, and after putting a new CO2 Air Source to it, I put the whole gun under water and no bubbles !

Take a magnifying glass and look at the surfaces..
Old 03-28-2009, 04:54 PM

You need to look at the cut valve pin. When I got my is was doing the same thing. I found that the pin was just a little to long compared to the factory pin. I ground it a little shorter and now it works just like it was ment to. It took me forever to get it but take it a little at a time and you will get it. If you do not want to cut the one that came with the valve you can use the facotry pin in the cut valve.

Mitchell-MR1

My weapon
Spyder MR1 in black
2.0 Rocking Trigger
Trinity Feed Neck
ACP "low-blow" Bolt
18v. Fasta Hopper
14" J&J Barrel