Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Accessories & Add-Ons
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 08:27 AM
I never get it right

Default opinions please.

im tryin to decide what to do. i have a marker now with macroline and my Epilot has steel braided line. i use co2 in both guns. my macroline on my marker needs replaced "used line on used gun" should i stick with macro or convert to steel braid?

what are the ups and downs of using 1 over the other? macroline is cheap and seems easy enough to install braid aint so cheap but not hard to install either.

whats you opinion?

feedback http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthre...068#post241068
Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 AM
EM1 Tech guy

Default Re: opinions please.

Ive been using the same piece of braided stainless line for years now with now trouble. Give I take care of it along with everything else.

To me, if you like your current set up and/or a little rough with your gear, run stainless. Now if you like to change stuff around alot or just short on money, run macro.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:06 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

I'll send you some new macro line (blue or black) for 3 bucks shipped
Old 03-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Resident *******

Macro is easy to install and use, and lasts a very long time. Steel braided hose lasts FOREVER, but requires it's orings at the fittings to be lubricated every so often, lest it leak. I personally LOVE macroline, and won't be going back to steel braided hose anytime soon.

Which part of your macro is leaking? Sometimes it can be fixed with a little spittle on the end (not joking, it works). Is the hose itself too short?

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Respected Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Which part of your macro is leaking? Sometimes it can be fixed with a little spittle on the end (not joking, it works). Is the hose itself too short?
Also sometimes the macro line is just a little worn out and needs the end cut off.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:49 PM
juggalo

i think they both have thier uses. i will use macro on projects, finicky markers, or any situation where i'm constantly taking stuff apart. once stuff is the way i like it, i tend to install braided line. macro is available in several colors, braid is silver, sometimes black. however, you can cover the braid with colored heat-shrink tubing. somewhere around here i have a few bits of macro that have blown out, so it does happen. that's something to consider as well.

my wife's marker has color matching macro and fittings. it's apparently important to coordinate when your guarding a flag, 500m from an opponent.

davs uber sale
Old 05-10-2009, 03:47 PM

12 inch macro lines sell for $ 1 from macrolineguy.com, if your not replacing this 1 dollar piece after a year of play it be your fault if it fails. I replace mine if it gets too many nicks. Cant put a price on safety, my local shop owner was playing and his blew up and cut his arm. His day was finished and he replaced all his markers macro lines. One cord is good enough for 2-3 replacements.