Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2009, 05:34 PM
What is The Dew, and How Do I Do it

Default Re: heh...THIS is why we shoot Ions.....

i just crapped my pantalones
Proudly Surrendering people at 25 yrds
Old 03-15-2009, 02:05 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
agreed. wonder what size tank you would need for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
well you could get a couple of tanks if need be, but at least run through an entire tanks. with out problems and then i'll think about it. But then again thats not a stock ion and your not just some ordinary ion user either? :evilgrin:

A properly upgraded and maintained ION can get over a case off a single 68/4500 fill... so... I don't get where you're thinking it would take tanks? The point of being able to shoot that fast is to get like 20 balls off at once and to do it in bursts. At least that's what I'd use it for.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 03-15-2009, 02:39 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
? The point of being able to shoot that fast is to get like 20 balls off at once and to do it in bursts. At least that's what I'd use it for.
right i trust his ion can and will do just that and over many cases of paint. But I'm no ion owner and have hear 90% bad things about it. If it can do 20bps i want to know can it do it over and over again with out breaking down.

Feedback +18/0
Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Resident *******

Wait... CO2 + Ion = bad... *scratches head*

He'd be using his 114/45 Hindenberg on it, which he got ~4,000 shots with his previous Ion on it. He'd be using his pair of CO2 tanks on his A5.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 03-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
A properly upgraded and maintained ION can get over a case off a single 68/4500 fill... so... I don't get where you're thinking it would take tanks? The point of being able to shoot that fast is to get like 20 balls off at once and to do it in bursts. At least that's what I'd use it for.
Exactly.
Quote:
right i trust his ion can and will do just that and over many cases of paint. But I'm no ion owner and have hear 90% bad things about it. If it can do 20bps i want to know can it do it over and over again with out breaking down.
That "90%" of 'bad things' you hear about Ions are usually tracked back to user-related problems. They either don't understand what they are doing - or simply don't care - and then give a decent marker a bad rep, for no good reason. It's easier to blame "a shoddy product" than it is to admit they fail at marker maintenance or pick the wrong upgrades to try and make it better.
The only "trick" to the Ion before or after upgrading is MAINTENANCE. If you keep up on it, she will run laps around any other marker in its class...and some in the "class higher" category.
The trick to making it efficient is replacing the [stock] board with something with better adjustment settings, adding a GOOD QEV and a lighter bolt. That's it. The reg is FUGly but works decently enough to do a good job [when broken in properly] and the rest of the upgrades are simply immaterial to the marker's efficiency (except perhaps a barrel).

My red/black Stage 5 got 3700 shots off my 114/45...ran at 90psi for 280 fps. It shoots a consistand 25 bps (when I chose to shoot that fast) accurately. It weighs less than 2.5 pouinds with ALL the upgrades on it (not that that really matters). That's almost as good as any high-end marker. It never chopped and was as quiet as a church mouse. What more does one need?
Old 03-15-2009, 02:56 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Since when do ION's break down? They're tanks. Besides being touchy when it comes to batteries... I've never experienced any real breakdowns.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Guatemalan paintball flinging monsta

I have had a few ion brakedown's and I wouldn't ever buy one again. I lubed and maintained it regularly. Those banjo fittings love to leak.

Spyder Vs2
-cp clamp feedneck(gloss black)
-shocktech supafly bolt
-empire revolver barrel kit(gloss black)
-cp pro mini asa (gloss black)
-acp stryker
-hyper 2 (dust clear)
-shock tech spring kit
-Virte board

DYE MATRIX 9
-Sly barrel
-Yakuza on the way

Matrix lover
Old 03-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastystankweed View Post
I have had a few ion brakedown's and I wouldn't ever buy one again. I lubed and maintained it regularly. Those banjo fittings love to leak.
Well, banjos are wear and tear parts. As far as them leaking...that's either because someone stripped a thread off or they simply wore down from the constant in-and-out process. When Teflon taped like they are supposed to be, there's never a leak unless it's got SERIOUS problems. They are just smaller versions of macro line fittings. They will wear out over time.

...and then there's that ONE marker of an entire batch that has an issue...not even Angels or Borgs are exemt from that. It happens and dare I say that the Spyder community has had MORE than its share of 'markers with issues".......? I may even be as bold to say that, "Spyders have had more issues than Ions".......and that's based upon the fact that I have been a member of this board for at LEAST 6 years....and on IO for about 5. I'm not calling out Kingman, nor am I dogging you so please don't get me wrong. I see in both forums issues with markers (because I do research before making a purchase) and my own perception is that Spyders (MR series in particular) have more mechanics issues than the Ion does.
Most (MOST) Ion issues are user-related issues.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

Thats some awezome speed!

But does anybody honestly shoot that fast in a speedball game?
I don't really see what the point of shooting that fast is, except for bragging rights, = P

Still awezome though, very nice!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:17 PM
RaWr

I agree that most Ion related complaints are based on user related problems. Very similar to the rep cockers had back in the day. It is because they come at a price that makes it generally the next gun you purchase after owning a blowback and getting addicted to the sport, most Ions out there are not maintained because the user simply has no idea how to maintain a marker that is more than just a striker and a bolt inside of a metal sleeve, any untuned marker is going to have issues...

While I am not here to state that the Ion is a high end marker at a low end price tag, because it simply is not. It certainly is much more marker than people give it credit for, and with a few hundred dollars worth of upgrades it can be a very good marker.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."