Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 PM
New Guy

Default Which one is better ?

hi. if any1 can tell me which one is better : VS2 or Electra . i am trying to get either one but dont know which one has better upgrades or say... not a lot of defects ? lol let me know peeps
Old 03-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Has Been

Default Re: Which one is better ?

They are both quality guns. Im sure you can find a ton of used VS2s online which can save you some dough. I would suggest the Electra simply because I have an interest in seeing what they are like, with this "new age" of spyders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler View Post
It just occurred to me that "bad company" may be a terrible name for a team sponsored by only one company.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:22 PM
add 1,794 posts

I'd go with the Electra
Old 03-06-2009, 04:21 PM
New Guy

are you talking about the 09' electras or 08' ? it seems like the vs2 is better when i looked at other forums etc. but i somewhat like the electra better
Old 03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

the electra is better than the vs2, but if youre on a budget and can run HPA, go for the vs2
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 03-06-2009, 05:43 PM
New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
the electra is better than the vs2, but if youre on a budget and can run HPA, go for the vs2
umm... either one i am still going to get HPA so.... but then again, i barely see any1 bring up the facts about electra is a good gun
Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Thats probly due to the 09 may not be able to get yet and in 08 the VS and RS and RXS got more add time. Will you yous the gun stock or are you looking to do some mods. I like the VS2, dis like stock reg. sweet LP 220psi.
With stock internals.
My Space Page - Has an link to Arcived Otter site
http://griffith-m.spaces.live.com/de...x?sa=106742333
Old 03-06-2009, 07:16 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

and for your wall of text.

Looks
The Electra has a much slimmer profile while the electra is a larger bulkier gun. They both are milled for good look but Electra pulls it off better in a slimming black.

Electra's Updated Features
Well she not only looks hot but is the single most updated kingman ever and even pulls away from even the recent marker such as the VS2.
Generic "UPs"
-Clamping Feedneck
-Top cocking Quick Strip Bolt
-Delrin bolt
-decent quality 2 piece barrel
-rubber grips
Pulling away from the VS2
-Claming instead of Twist-lock Feedneck
-Tadao board with several commonly used modeds
-Blade trigger with magnetic return
-Inline Reg
-ON/OFF ASA
-Reg uses the standard reg threads (ASA)
-Frame Forward + Shortend Body (allows for better perfomance

Valve Performance
Now the question is to balance vavle or to SE valve. Someone along the way may have lead you astray and told you that the VS2 couldn't work on CO2, well they lied. While using CO2 on the VS2 may void your warrenty its will still operate like any spyder or gun for that matter on CO2.

Electra not only can use CO2 without voiding the warranty but the valve is far more efficient. With the balance valve your paying the price for a even sub 300psi Lower Operating Pressure and will probably only ever expect to get 1300-1500 shots per 68/45 tank/ 20oz CO2. On the other hand your have a SE valve operating around 300psi will expect to stretch that to 1500+ shots per equal tank. VicReschke of Pbnation has properly tuned his RS using the same valve and see's consistently 1800+ shots using a 20oz CO2 tank that is anti-siphoned.

My Thoughts
Well both guns are Low pressure spyders capabilities of meeting or exceeding your needs as a spyder enthusiast. While you can pick up a VS2 for less than 100 dollars and the Electra can be bought for MSRP still I would say that the Electra is a clear win. Everything you want in a spyder is in this very spyder to some degree or another and very little if any money will be spent on so called "upgrades" when your purchase your Electra.

thanks
~Garret.

Feedback +18/0
Old 03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

Post Re: Which one is better ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
and for your wall of text.

Looks
The Electra has a much slimmer profile while the electra is a larger bulkier gun. They both are milled for good look but Electra pulls it off better in a slimming black.

Electra's Updated Features
Well she not only looks hot but is the single most updated kingman ever and even pulls away from even the recent marker such as the VS2.
Generic "UPs"
-Clamping Feedneck
-Top cocking Quick Strip Bolt
-Delrin bolt
-decent quality 2 piece barrel
-rubber grips
Pulling away from the VS2
-Claming instead of Twist-lock Feedneck
-Tadao board with several commonly used modeds
-Blade trigger with magnetic return
-Inline Reg
-ON/OFF ASA
-Reg uses the standard reg threads (ASA)
-Frame Forward + Shortend Body (allows for better perfomance

Valve Performance
Now the question is to balance vavle or to SE valve. Someone along the way may have lead you astray and told you that the VS2 couldn't work on CO2, well they lied. While using CO2 on the VS2 may void your warrenty its will still operate like any spyder or gun for that matter on CO2.

Electra not only can use CO2 without voiding the warranty but the valve is far more efficient. With the balance valve your paying the price for a even sub 300psi Lower Operating Pressure and will probably only ever expect to get 1300-1500 shots per 68/45 tank/ 20oz CO2. On the other hand your have a SE valve operating around 300psi will expect to stretch that to 1500+ shots per equal tank. VicReschke of Pbnation has properly tuned his RS using the same valve and see's consistently 1800+ shots using a 20oz CO2 tank that is anti-siphoned.

My Thoughts
Well both guns are Low pressure spyders capabilities of meeting or exceeding your needs as a spyder enthusiast. While you can pick up a VS2 for less than 100 dollars and the Electra can be bought for MSRP still I would say that the Electra is a clear win. Everything you want in a spyder is in this very spyder to some degree or another and very little if any money will be spent on so called "upgrades" when your purchase your Electra.

thanks
~Garret.
Never heard it put better than that... = )
Old 03-07-2009, 06:49 AM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

yeah and I just found an excuse to write a paper for school on this very subject.

Feedback +18/0