Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2006, 06:31 PM
New Guy

Default Spyder Imagine probs

My spyder Imagine is giving me probs. The other day, it just stopped shooting. I have a stock Imagine (IPI). I have an aluminum ACS bolt, and I use a remote coil for CO2. I had a full tank. It shot fine, then just quick cocking. I cocked it, and it would only shoot the ball about 10 feet. It would shoot one or two with this low velocity, then not shoot at all. The barrel was clean, and I had cleaned/oiled all of the orings the night before. I even cleaned the valve, VA, ASA, bolt, and striker. I had pressure at the quick disconnect of my remote coil also. I then put the tank on a 98 Custom, and it shot fine for about 500 more shots. I have cleaned the marker again, but I don't know what keeps causing this problem. I love my Spyder, but it is giving me a headache. After the last cleaning, I have a small leak (hiss) at the x chamber. I have some teflon tape to fix that tonight. Anyone got any thoughts?
Old 03-10-2006, 06:41 PM
KUSA KREW FOR LIFE BABY

Default Re: Spyder Imagine probs

are all your springs intact? Nothing warped... marker not freezing up from the CO2? check the trigger frame for the usual, pinched wires bulging capacitor etc...
Old 03-10-2006, 07:19 PM
New Guy

The solenoid is clicking....not a trigger prob. The gun is only about 2 months old, refurbished. All the springs seem to be good. I guess I can order a spring kit and replace all of them. It isn't freezing up either, around 68 degrees last time I played and had the prob. Plus, I use a remote coil to really help on the expansion. Just puzzles me.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:27 PM
caleb

i have a spyder imagine and i love it but it is giving me alot of problems but most af my problems are with chopping and i havent even played one game with this gun check and make sure you put your internas in correctly chances are that is your problem
Old 03-10-2006, 08:43 PM
xXH4Cker

Make sure your steel braid hose isnt kinked or has any obstructions to cause the air to not get in fully. ^Caleb welcome to the forums.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:58 PM
New Guy

All the internals are in right. It just shot about 200 times, then kaput. Don't know what happened. It seems to be working after a good cleaning and oiling. I put a new striker oring on too. Just have to wait until next weeks game. I play once a week. So I should know soon...wish me luck...if not, I got my backup. Imagine just shoots so much easier and faster.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Spyder Addict

had the same prob w/my friends gun. i was told that it was the cup seal. also, the striker spring. but we took it back and got the money back, so didn't get a chance 2 see wat the real problem was

good luck

Old 03-11-2006, 07:46 PM
caleb

i played today and had ths same problem is it just clicking and not shooting if so then it is your battery prob make sure it is clean and everything then it should be ok the only thing that has been giving me alot of probs is feeding the gun so that is what i will have to try to figure next