Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Life is peachy

Default Re: Why no respect?

If I use my Q-loader I only got 100rnds each so they take up alot of room if I want o use the launcher I need a little more for the pods of grenades. Sometimes we are out there for 2+ hours so you carry what you can so you dont have to go back. Also just personaly dont care for hip-packs I find them really uncomfy. As for directions I'll PM you

EDIT: about the laser pointers I beleive alot of that falls on the corse owners shoulders they shouldnt be used on a feild it is illegal. However players should be smart enough to not bring them in the first place, or at least not use it.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 01-31-2009, 06:17 PM
resident noob :D

Well this is an interesting debate, Personally I think the MilSIm Is tolerable to an extent and that both Woodsballers and Speedballers deserve equal respect, because as we all know Paint is all about PERSONAL PREFERANCE. If you want to sit around looking like a bush with 10 lb's of crap on you, you should be able to do so without someone *****ing in your ear baout it. IF you want to run around in bright colors with markers capeable of high ROF's, Then so be it, just treat others how you want to be treated. Some people jsut prefer to play a different way, but that doesnt mean you should hate on them.

Quote:
especiialypsycho: i dont like the clamshell feel
armedfuture: you realize the Alias frame is a clamshell as well?
especiialypsycho: Yesh with a little different milling so its k
armedfuture: lawl
armedfuture: that's contradictory
especiialypsycho: no its not
especiialypsycho: its personal preferance!
armedfuture: it would be given you could spell preference
FEEDBACK+8/-0
SOC
PBN
Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Resident *******

I can tell what kind of marker you prefer from that post. Nice try at being unbiased, but you're a few years off yet. Also, look at the quote in your signature... and think about it real hard.

Google Maps is ftw, Slim... it's only a 2k mile drive.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-31-2009, 06:23 PM
resident noob :D

I speller preference wrong, and what kind marker do i like TIM :P

Quote:
especiialypsycho: i dont like the clamshell feel
armedfuture: you realize the Alias frame is a clamshell as well?
especiialypsycho: Yesh with a little different milling so its k
armedfuture: lawl
armedfuture: that's contradictory
especiialypsycho: no its not
especiialypsycho: its personal preferance!
armedfuture: it would be given you could spell preference
FEEDBACK+8/-0
SOC
PBN
Old 01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Here is the quick easier answer......

Speedballers that disrespect woodballers and woodballers that disrespect speedballers don't offer any respect in the first place.

I could careless what you like b/c I like playing both ways....however if your going to disrespect me b/c of my gun or what I play I will make it my mission that day to light your ass as much as possible. If you run your mouth about how good you are in the pits the samething is likely to happen.

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 01-31-2009, 11:42 PM
this is my coat of arms and this is my dynasty Uí Fiachrach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Ugh... and people say I'm an ass... I refreshed to see what Bryce replied and if Sascha replied yet, and I see me being asked a question... one last post then I'm downing the bottle of NyQuil.

Essentially, my train of thought is like this: you only take onto the field what you need. If that's a pack full of paint, fine. If that's a marker, fine. But don't take out onto the field flashlights, knives, laser pointers (which ARE illegal in Cali to use like most woodsballers do around here, btw), scopes, remote lines, vests, etc etc etc. You only need to take the basics: a mask, a marker, a hopper, and a tank. All that extraneous bull crap makes the marker 10lbs heavier than it needs to be, and to top it off: 9/10 mil-sim markers are crap. They're mostly Tippmann based. The 1/10 that aren't crap are the Mag and the MTac (based off the Marq). The SP8's even crap. Why waste money like a fool for all this... crap???? It's IDIOCY, I say. They're too foolish to understand how paintball works.
Well Tim, I'm one of those "idiots" with the scope, long barrel, etc...and I know perfectly well that it's unnecessary and probably will cut in performance some. But I worked hard on my marker (mostly with a dremel) and I want it to be a real headturner. Now granted, I never would use a laser pointer, that's just dangerous. And I believe that I have a pretty clear understanding of how woodsball works, but I'm still lost when it comes to speedball

Vid of me and my Guitar
derek_owns_a_guerrilla_radio-School buses don't = target practice, Hoss.. 
Hossapher-i shot alot of different types

MR1 Sniper Rifle
Rocket Launcher
Old 02-01-2009, 12:25 AM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Talking Re: Why no respect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishwarrior View Post
.......... but I'm still lost when it comes to speedball
It's where 3-5 guys per side play the same game on the same small symmetrical layout over and over till they finally run quickly out of paint or get tired and go home **yawn** -

Don't mean any disrespect by that but it's just the way I look at it. Guess I just get bored easily and need variety not repetitiousness -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 02-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Resident *******

And that's why you don't advance, Drago. You still play the same field after all these years, don't you? In speedball, it is not about repetitiveness, that is a common misconception. What you aim to do in the first match is scope out the angles you checked out when you walked the field. If you initial plan works, cool, that's great. Then it's time to come up to another one. There is only a limited number of possibilities of specific players hitting specific bunkers in speedsball vs the near infinite amount in woodsball, true, but given that the mathematical calculations are so large as to the probability that you will be in EXACTLY the same place in EXACTLY the same condition with the opponent doing EXACTLY what they did the last time... come on, Drago.

Irish, hit up Chris sometime and he'll show you how it's done on a speedball field.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Junk-Spyder collector

Cool thread, lots of valid opinions, but I've noticed that as a woodsballer, if i show up to play speedball (yes, in my camo) people will give me funny looks, until I start doing good. Same thing with the speedball guys that play woodsball every once in a while (in their bright colored jersey) We give them a hard time for a little bit, but if they do good, every one gives them props.

And the only Woodsballer's who are ignorant about anything are the kids just starting out, it's kind of unfair to glaze over all of us as just wanting to camp in a bush with a 20 in. barrel waiting for someone to step on us. The crew I play with is not like that at all. Being stealthy is the name of the game, but its' only fun when your moving in a steady, but quiet pace, and your team is working as a unit, covering each others backs.

Oh and reasons for a vest:
hip packs make you a huge target, so some get vests to put a couple guppies in the front. (Making yourself a smaller target gives you more trees to use as cover, and therefore more options) I also put my squeegie in a pocket (lets face it, I use an old spyder, it will break a ball every once in a while), and my goggle spray and little towel in case someone unloads 100 rounds into the thorn bush Im staring through. (Happens atleast once a game lol)

Last edited by Splitter : 02-01-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 AM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

[quote=bigred76;230594]Ugh... and people say I'm an ass... I refreshed to see what Bryce replied and if Sascha replied yet, and I see me being asked a question... one last post then I'm downing the bottle of NyQuil.

[\QUOTE]

hmm. i haven't seen around in a few days now and your not the first to ask, I wonder whats up?

anywho, i play woodsball with my vs2. and for the more the most part its definatly the attitude of a player. When somebody forgets that the reason they came out to have some fun with friends thats where you get your ignorant attitudes. Innexpericed players seem to have the biggest problems just because they need to be shown the ropes before they are nice to have around.

as far as woodsball/speedball gun arguement-
I agree with tim. performance first i'd rather know i'm don't have to worry about paint breaking and the fact it works with out worry of being broken
but hey whatever floats your boat if it makes you feel better to look through a scope or have a big gun. thats fine i'll use mine.

then there is the whole arguement about style of play. i liked the way i saw it put by OneUp from pbnation. "we call that playing paintball" in reference to how good paintballers play. you can label whatever you do but in the end your either a good paintballer or a bad paintballer. Its simple enough that it makes sense to me. "If you decided to specialize you breed in weekness." the kid that hides in the bush may or maynot get lucky but he better beable to do a hell of a lot more that that because when **** hits the fan he has to adapt to that situation now. i would make a speed ball arguement but i believe that sandbagging is frowned upon iirc for the same reason people make fun of the kid in a bush

Feedback +18/0