Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Life is peachy

Default Why no respect?

Well I thought that I would see what everyones opinion is about the lack of respect between speedball and woods/scenario. Why are there so many people that not only dissrespect the other form of paintball but outright hate it? This is not a thread to say why speedball is better or why woodsball is better. But rather to gather your opinions of why there is such a loathing for eachothers preferd method to play the same sport, paintball.

As always, dont flame, and respect eachother. and keep things undercontrole. Mods if you feel this thread is just going to get out of controle feel free to close.

I am very heavy into woodsball and even moreso into milsim/scenario. Constantly there is the fight with the other form of paintball speedball. For me I have no desire to play this form of paintball. However I have played with speedballers in scenario. You have your good and your bad as with any sport. But overall you just have to respect eachothers ability. We have played with speedballers that are just a blast on the scenario feild and really good at at it. But where did this rivelry (SP) come from?

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 01-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Why no respect?

Heh, I like threads like this... Here's another starter post for you guys:

I simply dislike that the general player of woodsball is ignorant. They don't know where the line ends between a marker and a paperweight, and yet still go out with their paperweights to play. There is a VERY BIG line between a marker that's useful and when it simply is too much. For instance, a scope/sight? What the ****, it's an inaccurate firearm. It's a round, changing mass (paint moves inside the balls, ya know) shot through a smooth bore barrel. You can ANTICIPATE where it will fire, but there are no guarantees. That is why I bring my good markers when I go to play woodsball. Then I get pushed around and **** because my gun and gear is red/black. ZOMG, so you can see me??? I thought that was the point of the game, to find and eliminate your ****in' opponent, not to be some ***** that looks like the bush I pissed on 10min ago. Why do they always ***** about me making their job of finding me so easy??? ****ing idiots, I tell you.

I also don't like the idea of getting shot if I go to my backyard to test shoot my marker if I go out at the wrong time (i.e., when a police officer is walking by). They strive for some stupid reason to make their markers look as realistic as possible. Why is that? I have come to the conclusion that woodsballers are just morons. They cannot comprehend that a realistic looking marker does not by any means make it better than any one of my markers.

They simply do not understand the basics and fundamentals of modern paintball, and thus I can not and will not respect them. If I see a change, then my opinion will change.... but until they do...

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
EM1 Tech guy

The lack of respect, as you say, between woodsball & speedball, to me is kinda like high school. I cant say much on how everyones HS is compared to the 3 I attened & 2 others I have been around. But my Freshman year, I was in Memphis. You had therichy prepy jerks, the football team, the stoners, the goths & so on. Each group pretty much stayed to their selfs not caring about any of the other one. Thats the vibe I feel from paintball.

My 10-11 & then 12 grade years were in a totally differant world compared to Memphis. They were mostly black schools were as Memphis was almost completely white. (Just to clear this up now, I dont care what color you are, its how a person acts that I judge them.) But you still had the different groups of people but not just like Memphis. Those groups didnt care a whole lot about each other.

Look at paintball, the speedball scene is Ego this, PM/DM that, gotta have 30bps & look good doing it. Woodsball is more laid back. You may have spent a decent amount of money on a marker but you still say 300fps is 300fps.

Personally me, I could care less as to what type I play. But if I really have a choice of this or that, I rather play a form of speedball cause it moves fast & has a different edgey rush than woodsball does to me.

Ok, I went outside & forgot what else I was gonna say.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Respected Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
Heh, I like threads like this... Here's another starter post for you guys:

I simply dislike that the general player of woodsball is ignorant. They don't know where the line ends between a marker and a paperweight, and yet still go out with their paperweights to play. There is a VERY BIG line between a marker that's useful and when it simply is too much. For instance, a scope/sight? What the ****, it's an inaccurate firearm. It's a round, changing mass (paint moves inside the balls, ya know) shot through a smooth bore barrel. You can ANTICIPATE where it will fire, but there are no guarantees. That is why I bring my good markers when I go to play woodsball. Then I get pushed around and **** because my gun and gear is red/black. ZOMG, so you can see me??? I thought that was the point of the game, to find and eliminate your ****in' opponent, not to be some ***** that looks like the bush I pissed on 10min ago. Why do they always ***** about me making their job of finding me so easy??? ****ing idiots, I tell you.

I also don't like the idea of getting shot if I go to my backyard to test shoot my marker if I go out at the wrong time (i.e., when a police officer is walking by). They strive for some stupid reason to make their markers look as realistic as possible. Why is that? I have come to the conclusion that woodsballers are just morons. They cannot comprehend that a realistic looking marker does not by any means make it better than any one of my markers.

They simply do not understand the basics and fundamentals of modern paintball, and thus I can not and will not respect them. If I see a change, then my opinion will change.... but until they do...
I agree 100%, one thing that I really can't stand about most woodsballers is how after just about every game they say that they got this many guys out when you were the one doing most of the work and they were 50 feet behind you telling you to move up while they "snipe" people. They also bug me cause most of them try to act all big and make it look like they know so much about paintball and you don't know crap about it.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:53 PM
add 1,794 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
I simply dislike that the general player of woodsball is ignorant.
At first that statement really pissed me off. But then I thought, hmm, My friends are woodsballers (as am I), but they don't know **** about anything with paintball, and are ignorant at times, and think gun mantainance is unnecessary and the longer the barrel the better. BUT, at the same time I would have to disagree with that statement that in general they are ignorant, there are ignorant people in woodsball but, I wouldnt say in general that the woodsballer is ignorant.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Resident *******

That's why I said "the general player..." Take it as you will, I stand by my words.

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 01-31-2009, 03:17 PM
EM1 Tech guy

Dont start fighting over which style is better.

Each person is different & has their prefered way to play. I went through that whole phase of long barrels & sniping & being a bush. I grew out of it then into speedball style only but with nearly ten years in the sport, I just want to play. I dont rag on someone about their gear or marker. If the Milsim is the new fad, let it be. It will be like every other fad that has come & gone. Maybe it will bring in a new flavor of player, which I think it has.

You have to keep an open mind about it cause if some kid dont know jack about his marker thinks he does & you burn him into the ground with info you might run him completely away from playing which isnt good.

Here i go rambling about something that I have forgot about what I was saying....
Old 01-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Life is peachy

For the most part I find this shocking, deffinatly not the comments i would have expected. I mean with all the overshooting (mostly on little kids that are trying to learn the game and have no clue what they are doing) agg BS, contract killer ect. I wouldnt have thought that woodsballers would have been considered ignorant. So now if a woodsballer is ignorant what is a speedballer? Of corse thats a question that I dont want people to answear the point of this thread was not intended to dictate who has a worse additude ect. I find it hard to beleive that all this through the years would be caused because a woodsballer is ignorant. has to be more to it then that.

Im hoping vike responds to this thread im very interested to here his stance on this. so I will wait

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Resident *******

Oh, don't get me wrong, there is a vast majority of dumb speedballers as well. "What's this button do?" "Stop using full auto!!!" "I'm aggsauce, *****h!" I hear it all.

The cause is simple to me, and I believe it to be truth until otherwise proven. This cause is the stem of all of woodsball's fallacies and flaws as I see them.

And the whole don't compare woodsball/speedball thing will not work as you need something to base assumptions and conclusions on, and you were the first to point out that speedsballers need to have respect for woodsballers. My respect is not easily given, and you are one who hath earned it, Shady. Don't take what I say the wrong way.

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Old 01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Life is peachy

I dont take your respect for granted Red, infact i was gonna label this thread "A trap for Red" however I thought I title like that would extend into the bashing game of each side. Furthermore I respect your opinion as much as anyone elses. You tell it like you think it is and like me you are very opinionated about the sport you love.

So I egerly await some more of your responces!

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!