Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: No snipers in paintball???

Actually, if a topic that makes it to 3 pages isn't off topic in this forum, I'm surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim762 View Post
So your saying that a guy standing in the back shooting slow deliberate shots, with a mechanical semi automatic trigger, at people as they move is the same as someone shooting an electronic trigger bunkering some one??????
May I beat the dead horse a bit more?

No, it's absolutely not the same. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. If, during a SPEEDBALL TOURNAMENT, a guy with a gun that big and heavy is one balling and picking people off constantly enough to almost take third place, then the other teams were NOT doing their job and deserved to lose. In most tournaments I played, he may have gotten away with that (MAYBE) in the first game, but after that he'd have been a target right off the bat. One guy laying paint on him and his bunker and that sniping problem is solved. At the very least, he'd have never been able to poke his head out without getting hit. Also, he must have been pretty close, because it's extremely hard to one ball someone moving 15-20 feet at a dead run from bunker to bunker.

I do understand your idea of "sniping" as you posted it, and props to you for making a funny! But, everyone else in here in their off-topicedness (yes, I invented a new word. Learn it, use it, love it!) ignored the obvious flaw in his playing style, haha!

Oh, and I'm not giving my opinion on "sniping" in paintball because I don't want to further the discussion. You old school KUSA guys should know my opinion on that and I stand by it.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 AM
RaWr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Actually, if a topic that makes it to 3 pages isn't off topic in this forum, I'm surprised.

May I beat the dead horse a bit more?

No, it's absolutely not the same. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. If, during a SPEEDBALL TOURNAMENT, a guy with a gun that big and heavy is one balling and picking people off constantly enough to almost take third place, then the other teams were NOT doing their job and deserved to lose. In most tournaments I played, he may have gotten away with that (MAYBE) in the first game, but after that he'd have been a target right off the bat. One guy laying paint on him and his bunker and that sniping problem is solved. At the very least, he'd have never been able to poke his head out without getting hit. Also, he must have been pretty close, because it's extremely hard to one ball someone moving 15-20 feet at a dead run from bunker to bunker.

I do understand your idea of "sniping" as you posted it, and props to you for making a funny! But, everyone else in here in their off-topicedness (yes, I invented a new word. Learn it, use it, love it!) ignored the obvious flaw in his playing style, haha!

Oh, and I'm not giving my opinion on "sniping" in paintball because I don't want to further the discussion. You old school KUSA guys should know my opinion on that and I stand by it.
QFT (yeah I just did that)

[ownage]
Personally, guy "sniping" from a can in the back corner, no problem, have my snake lay down a little paint on the close side of his bunker and make my move straight down the tape, bunker him, then slowly pick off the rest of his team because they wouldnt know I was there due to the fact that any team who thinks they can snipe in speedball, probably isnt communicating that well either.

[/ownage]

I miss paintball.
"If society is tranquil, it is not because it is conscious of its strength and its well-being, but because it fears its weakness and its infirmities; a single effort may cost it its life. Everyone feels the evil, but no one has courage or energy enough to seek the cure."
Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I miss it, too.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:15 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

On my field, Tippmans are so common that you would only get weird looks if you walked onto the field with an Electric Marker. lol = P
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Resident *******

Bring it on.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to