Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 05:31 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

Default Re: No snipers in paintball???

can i have a quick rundown on where you stand?

i think that a traditional sniper doesn't exist, rather a pb sniper is someone who can stand alone and quitly elimite his oppents fairly undetected. it would have to be at closer range where 1 shot and barrel tags are easy. multiple enemys are taken out quickly and if because of the nature of pb enough firepower must be availible to get out of a stiky situation. he is loner in appearance to most player because he is the one person he can rely on. but a key player in a team because with out the team he would be hunted. A good team allows him to hide in the shadows untill called upon. and when the sniper fufills he duties the damage is devastating whether he was bait or did the killing.

thats what i see a sniper as

oh i definatly do not think agree with sitting in the back and shooting. thats just cover fire, somebody watching the guys up front asses. sniper is a little more challenging and not everybody can pull it off

Feedback +18/0

Last edited by ferret15 : 01-25-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Life is peachy

A sniper in paintball to me has alot of different rols anyone who has played this role in a larger scenario knows this. There are times when you dont get to shoot squat not even if you have the perfect shot (about 100ft away from a conceiled position taking your oponent in the back, head shot junk is BS this is paintball accuracy is an issue) you just stay put conceiled and relay to command VIA radio troop movement and massing of troops. If a paintball sniper has the oprotunity for a silent kill via barrel tag it is a must, not to mention you get points for capture. Also to me with the addition of equiptment like the Apex the long shot is also possible. Lots of your "missions" are to take out specifics, inspite of what people may think this doesnt mean commanders ect as there usually with a large group so its not practical, but rather demolitions experts, engineers ect. You may be asked to stay at a key location where your armor crossess to the enemys side to "protect" the bridge from demolitions experts. If you lose the bridge you could lose the game so sniping can be a huge part of the overall outcome of any milsim scenario event. A time or two we were even asked to shot down remote controle airplanes(special ones ment to be shot with a marker dont know the make so dont ask!) in an attempt to take control over the airport. I play the sniper role alot, and have effectivly held areas dorment and considered impassable for hours. I think that sums it up

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)
Old 01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

thats sounds like a good description. i play smaller games with far less people than a large scenario. but its my favorite position to play when we get to have enough people to have 2 larger teams.

i definatly dissagree with with kuniththrayin

Feedback +18/0
Old 01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't

I didn't post this to have the great "sniper in paintball" debate, we've been there before. Everyone has their own opinion on the subject. I posted it to show my team mate using his X7 in a speedball match. We all thought it was amusing. I'm not putting him down by any means. he did sit behind the bunker and shoot people as they ran across the field. I'm not flaming any one for debating the subject either, just want to set the record straight as to why i posted this.

But since the debate has begun once again, here are my 2 cents. I agree with Slim, a paintball sniper is not a sniper in the traditional role. (ie. long range silent kill, no one knows where it came from). I think its more of a 1 man ambush role. Sit and wait until the enemy comes in range and take them out. Just my opinion.
Folding AK stock
Extreme Rage Spring kit
Timmy Detents
Trinity Feedneck
Halo B
Evo III loader w/ghetto speed feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady View Post
im gonna go hide in the shadows and clentch my buttox before Red finds me!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Life is peachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post

theres sniping as a verb and sniping as a noun.
I think DF said it best.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:05 PM
MR1 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim and shady View Post
A sniper in paintball to me has alot of different rols anyone who has played this role in a larger scenario knows this. There are times when you dont get to shoot squat not even if you have the perfect shot (about 100ft away from a conceiled position taking your oponent in the back, head shot junk is BS this is paintball accuracy is an issue) you just stay put conceiled and relay to command VIA radio troop movement and massing of troops. If a paintball sniper has the oprotunity for a silent kill via barrel tag it is a must, not to mention you get points for capture. Also to me with the addition of equiptment like the Apex the long shot is also possible. Lots of your "missions" are to take out specifics, inspite of what people may think this doesnt mean commanders ect as there usually with a large group so its not practical, but rather demolitions experts, engineers ect. You may be asked to stay at a key location where your armor crossess to the enemys side to "protect" the bridge from demolitions experts. If you lose the bridge you could lose the game so sniping can be a huge part of the overall outcome of any milsim scenario event. A time or two we were even asked to shot down remote controle airplanes(special ones ment to be shot with a marker dont know the make so dont ask!) in an attempt to take control over the airport. I play the sniper role alot, and have effectivly held areas dorment and considered impassable for hours. I think that sums it up

That is called recon.
Spyder MR Series Red Dot
Java Gravity Fed Hopper; Camo Duct tapped
Modded MR1/MR2 Stock
Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

yeah sorry about that.

Feedback +18/0
Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Life is peachy

part of it is recon not all of it. but before all this turns into the same old same old, im checkin out latter guys.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Respected Player

Was the guy in the picture you...

That is pretty funny haha.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
i spray and you pray

i dont consider pb sniper has the tradition sniper, i think of them has sharp shooters

i wanna get a flex!!!