Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Discontinued Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Babalui

Default Whats minimum pressure?

Hi,
Just as I was able to fix my new Q-loader, and it seems to be working OK, but I have a small problem as I don't have acces to HPA during the week, and I have only about 1100 PSI left in the bottle from last weekend (only on weekends, when we get together to play, but buddy with HPS is rather far away from my house). So, I'm kinda impatient to test Q-loader, but MR2 will not re-cock.

What is the minimum pressure needed for re-cocking?

Btw, all parts are (still) original. How can I lower the limit?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
EM1 Tech guy

Default Re: Whats minimum pressure?

Quote:
What is the minimum pressure needed for re-cocking?

Btw, all parts are (still) original. How can I lower the limit?
To lower the operating pressure, you need a spring kit and a few internal parts replaced, like the valve.

The lowest Ive seen my blowbacks recock is in the low 500s & high 400s but they wouldnt throw a ball very far. But with some polishing & porting, I have had my TL+ down to 260ish but it was a gas hog.

Give me a few minutes to find a link to Otter's LP article.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Babalui

500?!? Jeez! That's amazing.
I do not care about the range at such a low pressure. It is very logical that it will not reach far, but I was not able to find such info in the manual, and I hoped that 1000 will be enough for at least some blowback. Naturally, I got worried that ther is something wrong with the marker.

Thanks in advance for any links on advices, and if you could give me some pics or shop links I would be very grateful.

Also, is there any kind of valve to set the pressure manually, say to keep it low, but to be able to adjust it in-game?

PS - I'm rather new in PB, and still learning proper (english) terminology. Just realized from your reply that LP stands for "low pressure" - that would save me some time on google
Old 01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

i got my spyder to recock at 250psi, but was only shooting about 195fps, and at higher rates of fire, the gun would starve for air.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-20-2009, 07:55 AM
My other auto is a .45ACP

the 1100 in your tank is going to run out very fast. your going to need to fill it to make the marker work as it should.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Babalui

Quote:
Originally Posted by '01edgered View Post
the 1100 in your tank is going to run out very fast. your going to need to fill it to make the marker work as it should.
Erm, I know. But that's all I have left from 2 weekends ago, and I do not need to play full game right now, I just want to test Q-loader for possible chopping. I thought it will be enough for some 10-20 balls, but it will not recock at all. Cannot test Q-loader with manual cocking properly
And its kinda hard to fine tune stuff when there are people around you having fun
I wanted to test it before this weekend. I hope I will be able to fill up the bottle before then, but now I'm mostly curious about minimum pressure needed for automatic recocking and how to lower it, not how long the 1100 will last. In fact, it is still at 1100
Old 01-20-2009, 10:56 AM
EM1 Tech guy

With 1100psi in the tank, I dont see why you cant do atleast a quick burst & try to chop.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Babalui

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldironmudder View Post
With 1100psi in the tank, I dont see why you cant do atleast a quick burst & try to chop.
That is exactly my question.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
20+ years in paintball... we all need FNGs

Talking Re: Whats minimum pressure?

get a 12oz CO2 bottle (about 20$ in a store with sporting goods... walmart, canadian tire...) and test your system... testing sucks in the field unless you bring the tools with you and even then....

Invest in a little back up for yourself and some testing time and you will appreciate it later on.
Q-loader SP8 mod
ACP mr1 terminus bolt
Palmer female stab w/Lapco vertical ASA
wooden grips and stock
MR2 (w/o eyes):
8" barrel
expansion chamber
Palmer stab
Q-Loaded! SP-8 mod
ACP mr2 terminus bolt
Dboys SIR shroud
Old 01-21-2009, 04:19 AM
Babalui

Thnx Sonik, that was on my mind, but again I have to till weekend (or even more). My gang uses HPA only, and there are very few that use CO2, so it is kinda hard to get it refilled. PB equipment is very expensive here. New 12oz bottle with valve is around 50 USD, and used are not much cheaper. Still, I cann borrow one, but it will take some time.

I've arranged with my buddy to get HPA refill before Sunday game, but in meantime I've discovered somehting else:
A few days ago a remote hose with gauge arrived, that I've got over ebay (link).
The gauge on it says much lower pressure, about 700 PSI. It is a brand new gauge and it looks to me that this one could be more precise then the one on the bottle. Bottle is 1.5 liter (92 CI ?) 4500 PSI Crossfire that I bought few weeks ago, and was about 2 yr old. Previous owner said that it was regulary used during first yr, but very rerely during last 10-12 months. (To contradict high prices here, people are very nice and honest and I'm inclined to trust him.)
Now, I know the high-pressure gauges are not precise on lower pressures, but this looks like quite a diff in readings...

Here are the pics:
(bottle much lower now, due to experimenting)

Hose: