Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

Default Should I go see someone?

alright, for awhile now ive had these really in-depth thoughts like periodically throughout the day and almost always whiel im laying in bed. This thoughts are usually about death (what will really happen) which usually leads to me questioning my religion (Lutheranism) and i really hate that. and sometimes when i think about this i feel like im just a puppet, and theres like someone controling me. so thats what i feel like/think about. (i know there are more things that i could say i think about, but i dnt remember them now, i might later. if i remember, ill post them/edit this post). so..

I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA GO CRAZY! i can't stand it anymore! this stuff is seriously driving me mad. its annoying! and i hate doubting my religion and that stuff. so the question is: Should i go see someone (like the school counselor) I REALLY want this to stop. what do you guys think?

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 01-14-2009, 05:43 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Default Re: Should I go see someone?

The school counselor would not be the place to go. I would suggest going to your place of worship. Many times, there are members there in every specialty, that can work with other members in a framework of their faith. For instance, mental health professionals. Your church (or whatever) should have a listing or bulletin board or something of people you can contact who will help you with any problems.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 01-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Respected, period.

Your thoughts aren't all too uncommon. I think a lot of people think about the same things. If you feel they are a problem and you really want to talk about them, you might want to make an appointment with a counselor or even go talk to your Pastor (or whatever you call him). As long as the thoughts aren't about killing yourself, I wouldn't say they are bad.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Grammar Nazi in training

I stopped cutting and thinking about suicide a LONG time ago. . i havent had these thoughts as often lately, but i just wanted peoples' opinions on what i should do in case i start having them again.

Pilot Owner's Club Member #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSiv_Force
Here is the ultimate How Not to get bruises..........................
DONT GET HIT
My Photobucket photography Album
Old 01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
EM1 Tech guy

Back when I was thinking of killing myself I was also thinking about god & that stuff really hard & the killing my self was the hard thing to push away. But the religion was kinda easy to figure out after alot of deep thinking & loud music.

If it gets to the point you cant push it out of your head, talk to some one. Really, talk to someone. Cause I figured out it isnt worth dying young & Im glad I didnt years ago cause to much good stuff has happened or is going on now in my life.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

like josh said, everyone goes through that. its not uncommon to question your religion. now, you dont have to take my advice, but after lots of thought, i realized that it wasnt so much living word-by-word what you were being preached, but living how you think your religion wants you to live. IMO having a personal connection with God is more important than praying because your religion tells you to, and feeling distanced from Him.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I build custom Timmies

These thoughts don't sound too abnormal; however, I would pray and ask God for help on this one. Just remember that great Philosophers pondered the idea of our human existence and what our purpose in this life. Just pray to God and ask for his help. I'm sure you'll be take care of .

Fred
MY FEEDBACK
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=202
Old 01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

its not bad to question your religion or anything for that matter.

You have decided what you value in life and live for that. No Church, Counselor, Hero can give you the answers you answer you are looking for. Only you can find them.
I'm not saying that you won't find assistance to help you find your question will only truly be answered by one person. and that is in yourself.

I long quit believe in CHURCH a long time ago, i'm not going to say much more but just so you see where my point of view might come from, i believe in "God" but not the churches or the "teaching" of any organized religion and it has lead to many more of my own questions. feel free to pm im me if you care to. i don't think there is too much room for a people beliefs thread with out problems

edit: Just like to say DF i like where your going with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
IMO having a personal connection with God .

Feedback +18/0
Old 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Respected Player

Yeah best thing to do would be pray, read the Bible, talk to your parents (or whoever you feel really close to that you know will lead you in the right direction, and like DFSniper said have a personal connection with God. Also another thing that has a MAJOR influence on your life is the music you listen to. If you listen to anything that has bad lyrics that talk about death and that stuff I'd just get ride of it, it may not seem bad at all but it really sticks in your head.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

i have to disagree on that. i listen to a lot of different music, and while some of it is depressing, some of it can get you to think about life and death, and coming to your own conclusions is what matters.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes