Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > News & Updates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Respected Player

Default Re: Rumor: Change of BPS,etc In PSP

That is really slow and I have to agree with the person who posted that, why would you have three different ROF for the divisions? That is kinda wierd.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Giggity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano 177 View Post
That's what I thought all along. If you can hit 14bps with your fingers then you should be able to shoot that. Just because your opponent can't why should he be allowed to ramp? If he can only do 8bps then that is on him.
Well said and I tend to agree.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
09 SOTM WINNAR!

weird but hell i can hit 13 bps with my vs2 on CO2! no real need for a HPA tank. after 13 i had liquid CO2 issues. but thats a different story. I'm sure i was hitting 8 when playing just here and there.. at least that much.

but what it makes me think is paintball heading back to how paintball should be played? a step in this derection would eliminate the need of a lot extra stuff made. or loaders that can put out 40+bps. you just woulnd even need them.

Feedback +18/0
Old 12-11-2008, 10:19 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Thumbs down Re: Rumor: Change of BPS,etc In PSP

What BS, NPPL drops the ball and PSP now thinks they are GOD -

Frankly, this should not affect the main portion of the paintball community which are recballers so I really don't see why so many people are getting riled up about it. I don't, and never have played by PSP rules in my life and I'm not about to start doing so now. I don't use ramping or modes since I really don't need a band aid to increase my rof but could care less if others use it when playing at any rof -

If an abundance of fields start enforcing it(which I seriously doubt will) you can expect renegade fields to start popping up more so than ever. The way fields are dropping dead like the plague as it is, they'd just increase the probability by lowering the rof to a slugs speed for those that don't want to adhere to this. Kinda like telling drag racers at the strip they need to slow down. They'll just take it to the streets -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 12-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Spyder Addict

What's really jacked up is the Millenium Series has already started charging companies to put markers and all products into their event. Apparently PSP is working on the same thing according to an inside source at MacDev. Millenium will cost just over $60,000 per year for one marker and 3 other products(other than markers with logos. An additional gun added is about $7000. It may very well kill off the smaller up and coming companies. I say limit teams paint quantities and make them think about how they play!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:12 PM
THE GAME

Sounds good IMO. Cheaper to play ball now. Also it means you'll want better paint and more skill. I hope we see more of this from PSP. Also it should be noted that ROF regulations only apply to electros... Mech guns can shoot however fast you pull the trigger.

even at 8bs if you spend 10 minutes shooting (a very small fraction of a tournament) you will shoot ABOUT $140 worth of paint... They're obviously making paintball cheaper.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2940435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Wright View Post
First, I want to clear up the "ignorant" comment. I meant ignorant as it is defined -- unaware because of a lack of relevant information or knowledge

If you're me to present you with the "numbers" of other companies in order to gain your trust, that isn't something that I can do.

I can give you this number -- a group of people who contribute 1.1 million into our 2.4 million dollar operating budget say they want a lower ROF. When it gets right down to it, that's the basis of the decision.

I agree with their interpretation of THEIR numbers and why this is what they want. I also recognize that above and beyond what they pay PSP, they put additional millions into the teams. What they want is paramount in what I do going forward. It has to be.

You are correct that I should probably "act" a little more professional. But it would be just that - an act. I'm not professional. I don't pretend to be professional. Honestly, I don't think it is either one of the more important or more highly regarded qualities needed to do my job well.

I don't dress professionally. I don't look professional. I don't act professional. I'm not a professional. I am a paintball player who happens to get into a position to make decisions for PSP.

The rate of fire is going to be lowered. That is an absolute fact.

You guys can talk about it, complain about it, discuss the heck out of it. But the fact remains, I believe that the best thing to do for all involved is to lower the ROF.

I didn't make this decision one night at dinner. This has been discussed and thought about for months.

I have information that isn't, nor is it going to be, available to the masses. That's just the way it is.

The game will still be fun for just about everyone. The best teams will still win. The best players will still be the best players. Tournament paintball will go on. Next year no one will be complaining about this. 5 years from now, no one will even remember this. I have been through dozens and dozens of changes that "everyone" said exactly this same type stuff about. Just about every one of those decisions was a good decision.

The 2 that i think were wrong --

Separating the NXL from everything.
Increasing the rate of fire because we had the technology.

Both are being corrected (my opinion).
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-22-2008, 12:13 PM
THE GAME

Best thing for paintball in years.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Ich will mehr, immer mehr, genau wie du, immer mehr

time 2 buy mech markers

VS2:Stock, red body kit, 14" 32* Whisper barrel, Fasta
Victor 2:halfbacked, ESP Frame T- Board, VS2 Barrel, Magna Valve, ND Valve Pin, Drilled VA, Polished Striker, Bandit 2 O-ring Delrin Bolt, Custom Trigger, Rex Expansion Chamber, ND Feedneck, T-board
Old 12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Cpt of team Lost Cause

hey...now id dont have to spend a lot of money :P
Pilot Owners club #64
!Pilot ACS black to blue fade!,
32* spring set,
Calmping Feedneck,
Blue Dye Stickeys-
blackVLocity JR/Virtued

Jersey:Purple DXS (dont ask....)
Pants: Blue Dye C7 or Yellow Stinger Combat BDU