Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Picture and Video Pages
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Respected Player

Default Re: Warped Pro Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
I won't lie to you...this rig isn't for everyone. It DOES take some getting used to and is a heavy rig to be sporting around...even though I use a remote with it. I'm not one of those ballers that whines about the weight of my marker...I use what I know works. Mags work and work hard. I ran this setup one of the 2 days of my local DDay event (9 hours the first day) and it worked out and ran great. I didn't even notice the weight, even back at camp during run-down time. For the final battle though, I wanted a faster marker and used my Stage 5 with Halo.
...and leave my slippers alone.......lol.
I don't mind weight at all haha, I'd probably use it just for the looks people gave me and the slippers... I'm sorry they are just to awesome...
Old 12-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsvly-fat View Post
I don't mind weight at all haha, I'd probably use it just for the looks people gave me and the slippers... I'm sorry they are just to awesome...
That's the greatest thing about old school gear...the looks...lol.

I remember when I played Stalingrad in 07 with my Trracer. The looks were priceless but got way more bizarre when I pulled out the 68 Magnum. People whisper when they see you...some are brazen enough to come and ask about it.

My Mag at Normandy was like that but the one kid I wanted to give him a donkey kick..calling my Mag "just an Ion with a different body?" I looked at my buddy and his look was like "Uh oh...." and I showed the kid the laser engraved valve and asked "what does that say?" He looked at it and said, "Oh....::gasp:: OH!!! I'm sorry dude...." and meekly scurried away.....lol. I think it could have been my infamous scowl, but who knows......lol.....
Old 12-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

lol, thats awesome!
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Thanks.

Right now I'm looking at a Hyperframe for it. Depending on what board it has (likely the 13 and not the 20bps board)...I might UTB the thing.

One thing I'm looking at is how to mount a bounce beam eye. Yeah yeah I know...Level 10 the thing, blah blah. This has a coolness factor if I can pull it off. Making an eye cover won't be a big deal either...it's a single round tube-Hell I can bend sheet metal at that rate...lol.

Classic Mag designs have it that the barrel is also the breech. The ball drops right into the barrel port and the eye can't see through the solid wall of the other side of the barrel. I'd have to drill it out so the eye can shoot straight into where the ball drops and that could cause me an issue. It's a good thing I have a cheap barrel to experiment with because I'm not really looking forward to ruining 3 different barrels (Freak, ThunderPig and CrownPoint) if it's going to fail. One thing I should do is write to Damon and see about how far that IR beam travels...to make sure it transmits through at least 3/8"...proably 7/16" to where the ball loads. In theory, IR beams travel an infiite distance but degrade (to an unusable frequency) after a certain amount of travel. I don't know how far the LED version would travel as opposed to naturan IR. I'm sure it will be just fine, I just want to make sure.....lol....
Old 12-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I piss excellence

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
That's the greatest thing about old school gear...the looks...lol.

I remember when I played Stalingrad in 07 with my Trracer. The looks were priceless but got way more bizarre when I pulled out the 68 Magnum. People whisper when they see you...some are brazen enough to come and ask about it.

My Mag at Normandy was like that but the one kid I wanted to give him a donkey kick..calling my Mag "just an Ion with a different body?" I looked at my buddy and his look was like "Uh oh...." and I showed the kid the laser engraved valve and asked "what does that say?" He looked at it and said, "Oh....::gasp:: OH!!! I'm sorry dude...." and meekly scurried away.....lol. I think it could have been my infamous scowl, but who knows......lol.....
Haha I love the looks you get when you have a gun other than ego, dm, or ions.
I brought my pgp once to a scenario game, and everyone kept saying, is that a pistol? "youre crazy, it only holds like 5 shots"

Redz Gear
Old 12-06-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codymm1014 View Post
Haha I love the looks you get when you have a gun other than ego, dm, or ions.
I brought my pgp once to a scenario game, and everyone kept saying, is that a pistol? "youre crazy, it only holds like 5 shots"
I love the looks you get when you have a gun older that the other PLAYER.....lol
Old 12-06-2008, 05:37 PM

heh heh...now I'm making a deal for this frame...
Old 12-21-2008, 12:38 PM

Got the frame....here are the pics:

It's pretty comfy to hold and dry fire. The trigger has no adjustment screws/can't be user-adjusted but the micro-switch is probably in the 100gram range and is tuned very close to the trigger.

I like it........now to get some tame time with it....
Old 12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
EM1 Tech guy

no warp feed?

Where did you get the tip on the freak?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:55 PM
add 1,794 posts

Me wants mag, I like that you're rep'n the ricolution