Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Non-Paintball Topics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Default I really need prayer

I got fired from my job of 3 years as assistant manager at our paintball field. They called me OVER THE PHONE and fired me. Why?

Because I forgot to do 3 things. Apparently no one told my boss that I wasn't able to do things the past two times I worked because of unusual circumstances. Want to know why I got fired? I forgot to put the candy away and off the wall from the snack shack, I forgot to wipe off the pizza rack, and I forgot to put the buckets behind the counter.

In the past 3 years I've worked there, I've never done anything to make them want to fire me... but just 3 little things like that and then this? Are you ****ing kidding me? What kills me about this is that the other assistant managers **** up with the MONEY and PAPERWORK, you know, the stuff that really counts?! I get fired for forgetting to put somethings away because I was rushed to get out of there on time. Now I don't have any way to pay for anything and all this before Christmas. WONDERFUL! Take something more away from me Lord...

I know he's there... hell when I left the school after picking up Rika, it was sunny... sunny and raining at the same time. Then He brought my attention to this giant rainbow. Hopefully it's a sign that things will turn out good in the end. But right now, I've honestly thought about smoking again... Pray for me.

On top of all that... with my mom being gone for a month now, I'm still recovering. I had to withdraw from 2 of my 4 classes, take an incomplete in one and I'm trying my hardest to finish the other one.

Please pray that I can find another management job for at least what I was making previously and that I can keep going.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM

Default Re: I really need prayer

thats a bummer dude, sorry to hear bout that! Thats pretty rediculous. It could be worse though. I'll keep ya in prayer for sure! Funny thing ive learned when it comes to God.....he definately provides. You may not get everything you want , but you will get everything you need i can promise ya that. Take it easy man and put out those job applications , talk to friends about any connections and what not. It'll come to ya.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Giggity..

That's unfortunate news Ace. Hope things make a turn for the better.

Sometimes it's not what you know, but who you know
Old 12-01-2008, 01:44 PM
I didn't do it...No witnesses survived

Ted, I don't know you, or know everything about you, but here's some things I've been thinking about since you posted this. First, these things are NOT cumulative. No matter how you may be feeling, the things you are going through are each their own thing, don't let them pile up, do what you can to deal with each one individually. Second, see if you can arrange a face-to-face meeting with the person who fired you. It may be that they have been seeing the issues you described, but didn't know who was the culprit. As soon as they had you for those little things, they pinned the big one's on you as well. A face-to-face meeting may give you the opportunity to explain your case. Plus, by having a few days, both sides will have time to cool off and not make the situation worse. There's always the chance that the place is hurting financially and they had to reduce payroll, those little things may have been seen as an easy way out. If you go in and talk, even though you might not get your job back, they might know someone who is hiring. Finally, stay strong. If you find strength in your faith, you may want to meet with a pastor/preacher/whatever, spending time growing your faith can only make you stronger, sometimes at our weakest is when something greater can happen. My second finally is this, know that there are people who are rooting for you. If you need to talk, you can always come here and find someone.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to
go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will"
Ronald Reagan
Old 12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Thank you.

I think I'm going to apply for Best Buy, Gamestop, Hot Topic, FYE and some other places and see what they can offer me.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 PM
wat

When one door closes, another opens. I'd be willing to bet this is a blessing in disguise.

Remember..these bad times don't come from God. Some of the strongest Christians you will ever meet are those who are down on their luck. I personally like the book of James during troublesome times:

"2 My brothers and sisters, when you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, 3 because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience.4 Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete and will have everything you need. 5 But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous to everyone and will give you wisdom without criticizing you. 6 But when you ask God, you must believe and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown up and down by the wind.7-8 Such doubters are thinking two different things at the same time, and they cannot decide about anything they do. They should not think they will receive anything from the Lord."
Old 12-01-2008, 02:17 PM
XBL = RagetisticSnipr add me

DUDE!!!! that sucks, something similar happened to my sister ( shes 25 )

she worked at a restaurant in houston for 5 years and she undercharged a customer .10 cents 1 time and she got fired......she just had her baby 2 months before that.

but I will keep you in my prayers man
EspeciialyPsycho (6:52:41 PM): i hustled $25 fromt he kids at school today
mrpurplehawk (6:52:55 PM): your joking?
EspeciialyPsycho (6:53:13 PM): no
mrpurplehawk (6:53:25 PM): nice
EspeciialyPsycho (6:53:33 PM): haha
EspeciialyPsycho (6:53:45 PM): owned them at yu gi oh
Old 12-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

you know i'm praying for you.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 12-01-2008, 06:31 PM
add 1,794 posts

that's a bunch of bull**** dude and I'm real sorry to hear about it. You'll be in my prayers once again
Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Respected Player

Really sorry to hear about that, I'll be praying for you.