Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > General Spyder Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Spyder Addict

Default Re: New Spyder Knockoffs

they have cocker threaded barrels according to pbn
05 Pilot ACS - SPPS Dragon tail trigger, 50 gram switch, CCM feedneck, ACP Bolt, Sticky 3's, Trinity -7 deg. V/A, Rocket Valve, DH Titanium Striker, BL Torp., T board w/ Eyes, Cp Direct Mount On/Off, 275 fps@250 psi

VS2

Black to Olive PM6

"All men have fear. The brave ones lay it down and go forward...some unto death but all to victory!" - Kings Guard of Ancient Greece

OLD FART CLUB MEMBER
My Feedback
Old 11-01-2008, 03:00 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Cool Re: New Spyder Knockoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Actually, it doesn't seem that bad to me........
I'd have to agree. I don't really see what's so bad about these. They come in my favorite culla and have all the things anyone would want in a blowback. For that matter, are they blowbacks? -

BTW, Kingman didn't invent the STBB design so I'm not so sure they have any specific rights. If they did it seems they would have done something about the NPS copy clones that were thrown into the ring a few years ago -

Why do I get an eerie feeling someone might be contacting me about these? -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 11-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Guatemalan paintball flinging monsta

Nop dont seem that bad. The reg sorta looks like the new eclipse S3's. My dm9 doesnt even have CFOA. who knows what they are really like but I will reserve my judgment for later.

Spyder Vs2
-cp clamp feedneck(gloss black)
-shocktech supafly bolt
-empire revolver barrel kit(gloss black)
-cp pro mini asa (gloss black)
-acp stryker
-hyper 2 (dust clear)
-shock tech spring kit
-Virte board

DYE MATRIX 9
-Sly barrel
-Yakuza on the way

Matrix lover
Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

When are they available... Like when are they coming out?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:13 AM

the zenith goes for $250. i know that much
Old 11-03-2008, 05:33 AM

odd names but they look better than any of the 32deg. knock off's. have to see it in action before I juge.
My Space Page - Has an link to Arcived Otter site
http://griffith-m.spaces.live.com/de...x?sa=106742333
Old 11-03-2008, 02:57 PM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
Actually, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Some kind of light weight striker system, LP reg, break beam eyes, board with semi, PSP, CFOA semi and Millenium, low rise feedneck (clamping would have been better, though) low pressure...a couple of years ago you guys would have been flipping out about how great this is in a low cost gun.

People said the same thing about Dragun and it was one of the best low to mid end guns I ever had (blowback and FASOR), though I liked the looks of the Dragun MUCH more than this one. Because of this, I'll reserve judgement for later.
I'd have to agree.

The Dragun "T-1" FASOR design was amazing for it's time. It kicks ass with a QEV. I still love my old FASOR based off the "T-1."

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 11-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Need to stop cluttering threads! argharag

i like how they advertise that theyre .68 caliber...
Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

the striker design is pretty interesting.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
New Guy

Interesting, I honestly like the idea of their "Zero System". Looking through the Zenith manual, you can see that they've filled the LPC with an adjustable valve spring mechanism, allowing you to fine tune your dwell without having to constantly swap springs.

Now, Kingman certainly didn't invent the STBB marker, nor did they claim to. PMI was marketing their Piranha's before Kingman, not sure if they invented the design, either. Kingman's accomplishment was in marketing their gun better than the other guys, increasing their model range and options, and being true innovators with regards to the design. They have been so successful at this that anyone else's STBB marker, including PMI's, are now referred to as "Spyder clones". That's quite an achievement, but Kingman isn't Smart Parts, they don't claim to own a design they didn't invent just because they popularized it, so they can make money by suing their competitors out of business (most of you should get this reference). They've never had a problem with competitors in the market, they just lead to more innovation.

Now, its quite obvious that these Azodin markers are based heavily off of the newest Spyders, they even look very similar. They're not just generic STBB markers, they clearly copied directly off of Kingman's newest designs. They're not violating any patents or copyrights, they're just cashing in on Kingman's success. As far as the design, the only real issue I could see with them is if they're cheap China-made loose tolerance crap. If these are made with decent materials and an acceptable level of quality control, they wouldn't be that bad. They even brought some innovation of their own to the market, with the adjustable valve spring, and I think Kingman has yet to include a true lightweight striker (though the new Electra may have one, I dunno). This alone separates them from many of the other Spyder clones, like 32*, as they at least bring something new to the table.

Obviously, these aren't going to be very popular, or take much market share away from Kingman, at least not unless they're drastically cheaper. They may also be cheap pieces of crap, but I couldn't say without playing with one for awhile. Regardless, they bring innovation to the market, and innovation is good. Kingman has always been good about listening to complaints about their markers, and including popular upgrades in newer models. So, if time proves these adjustable valves and lightweight strikers to be reliable, efficient, and a good idea, I wouldn't be surprised to see them popping up on new Kingman markers before long. If they're a generally bad idea, well, that's why you have a guinea pig. Overall, though, I see no reason to be concerned with these markers, as they'll either make no splash whatsoever, or introduce a feature soon to be the next big thing for Spyders. Who knows, either way, its certainly nothing to worry about.