Halo B 5 20.83%
Reloader B 11 45.83%
Other, and why 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Resident *******

Default Re: Which Hopper??

It doesn't have ears...

Now, with the regular Reloader B, it automatically sets the sound levels when first turned on for what to listen to. So you have to make sure it's turned on in a quiet environment. With the B2, you can adjust the sound sensitivity manually, which can be good or bad. You don't want it so sensitive as to go off when you talk off the field, but you don't want it not feeding. Once it's set, it's good for life.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
What is it that keeps drawing me back to buying a Spyder when I can buy any other gun of my choice?!?

Whats the difference in between the B and the B2?
Also does the hopper shut of when it doesn't hear sound to save battery life? Does it activate to the sound of a paintball gun firing or any sound? And is it possible to buy a two 9 volt converter?
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Resident *******

Any loud noise will set it off, as well as vibration. The amount it takes to do so is set by the board on the Reloader B, and by a pot-switch on the B2. There is no other difference.

Dual-9v converters work with ALL Halo/Reloader B/B2's.

URT... Ultimate Resource Thread!

The [OFFICIAL] Manual Thread!

BigRed Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Taco
ya my vagina hurts sometimes to
Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
add 1,794 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred76 View Post
It doesn't have ears...
not sure if you are serious or not but... "ears" as in hearing sound
Old 10-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

They aren't really "ears" as they are more of a vibration/listening/sensing reciever type things. Many years ago, there were complaints about Reloader B's not feeding because guns were too quiet. Personally, I never ran into this problem, and I think it was more crap than substance. The whole "Halo vs Reloader" thing. I shot all different kinds of guns, from Angels to Spyders, DMs to PMs, Draguns to Shockers - you name it, I shot it. WITH my Reloader B and it never failed to recognize a shot.

You can yell, make any loud noise or whatever beside a Reloader B, but it won't feed. Sometimes, if you yell REALLY LOUD into the shell, it might feed, but take the lid and tap it against the shell lip and it will agitate. Also, tapping the side of it relatively hard will make it feed - this is the reason why I call it a "vibration/sound" feeder. Also, I never worried about turning my Reloader B on in a quiet area - in fact, I always made sure to tap the lid and/or dump paint in it at the same time it was turning on.

But, like Dan (Hacker) said, eyes get gunked up, can go blind because of broken paint or dirt, might not be able to see certain colors of paint and so on, but the "ears" work no matter how much paint you break or what color it is.

Reloader B2 is pretty much the same as the B, but comes with more, and adjustable, levels. But, I'll also side with Dan on the Magna thing. I totally forgot about that drop in kit. It's pretty cool and I can see that it's a BIG step up in paint feeding...If I had to get a new loader today, it would be a B2 or a Magna drop in kit.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 AM
My money is going into my car. What's paintball?

I've always loved my Reloader B. Vike pretty much summed up what I was going to say in regards to it.

Some people will tell you to get a VLocity... but to be quite honest, the quality isn't there. The screws don't have nuts on the end, so they screw into the shell its self. This means it's easier to strip, easier to break the shell, and the screws weaken the shell its self. The battery doors are the cheapest things in the world on them... I've seen them get shot at 250FPS and blow clean off, stripping the screw holes and cracking the main shell in the process.

Now that I'm done ripping on the structural integrity of the shells, let's move on to the looks and profile height. The regular VLocity is obnoxiously tall. You have to have a Marq, or something with a VERY low feedneck for the VLocity to even come close to lining up properly under the arch of your head during proper form. The JR's are better at this, due to being smaller, but they are still as cheaply built and ugly as the regular ones.

They are fast though... don't get me wrong. That's their only redeeming factor for me. Weight is a plus too, but when playing semi, I honestly couldn't give two craps about weight. Hell, I used to shoot a Trauma DM3.

The Reloader B will keep up with any gun (in my experience) and looks a hell of a lot better then the VLocity or the rest of the competition out there. I also own a V35'd Halo. I would also recommend the V35 if you got a Halo... but eyes < sound when it comes to hoppers.

Quote:
armedfuture (3:14:56 AM): they get upset easy when you use big words like "rental" and "air"
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Respected Player

I have to agree with you Ace, the shell on my JR isn't the best it's already cracking by the battery door just from screwing a screw in to tight, however it is lighter then the Halo by a bit and it is fast (but probably just as fast as a Halo) it is pretty tall but it's not that much taller then a Halo if you cut the feedneck, I really don't care which one I use, it mainly depends on what gun I'm using
Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Guatemalan paintball flinging monsta

Wait and see the dye loader lol

Spyder Vs2
-cp clamp feedneck(gloss black)
-shocktech supafly bolt
-empire revolver barrel kit(gloss black)
-cp pro mini asa (gloss black)
-acp stryker
-hyper 2 (dust clear)
-shock tech spring kit
-Virte board

DYE MATRIX 9
-Sly barrel
-Yakuza on the way

Matrix lover
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Seņor Member

I\m with Bamf, Magna/Magna clutch kit FTW. I'm also interested in checking out the Pinokio, minus the hideous extension, but I'm quite happy with the loader I have. And I didn't even get the Freeway antijam yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace24 View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this... but don't bash the Rails. :X