Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Default How To: B2k Frame to EM1

I got bored and figured I'd write a quick how to. I'll do my best to summarize how to put a B2k Frame on an EM1. I am not a good writer nor am I good at explaining things so bare with me!

First (obviously) Take the stock +frame off the EM1 and carefully take out all the Electronics !

Here is the B2k frame we will be using! Big improvement over stock and very cheap and easy to come by!

Next you will need to mill or hack or cut (or any other method you choose) the bottom of the stock from from the top . As pictured below. I recomend taking it to a place that has the proper equipment such as a machine shop but if your careful i could see a portaband working well.

And now for the creative part.... Use a block of spare metal (mine is aluminum) and cut it to fit into the frame (you will see what I am talking about in the pics below). Then tap a hole in the right spot so that the frame can bolt in. It should all come together to look like this:

Continued....
Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Default Re: How To: B2k Frame to EM1

And it should fit in the frame like this!

Also in the picture above you will see a hole that I drilled to mount the front of the frame . It is circled in red the other hole you see is for my Angel frame (which I will also write a "How To" on).
To be sure to drill the hole in the right spot match it up to the B2k frame and make sure the holes line up! Like so:

And now your done for the most part! Just bolt it back together ,put all the electronics back into the new frame and bolt the tray to the EM1 body!
BAM!