Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2006, 04:29 PM

Default first day out, not so good

but not terrible either. First i guess i should say hello, ive been reading threads on the board for about 2 weeks now but have yet to post. Seems to be alot of knowledgeable people around here. I've been playing paintball for about 3 years now but i would still consider myself fairly green since most of my playing time has been me and a friend or two in the woods. This is my first electro marker and my first time playing on a real field with refs and so forth. So anyway...
I got the red/black pilot acs, evo II loader, 20 oz CO2 with anti syphon, pyscho ballistics drop with bob long 1200 psi gauge, did the new airhose with macroline kit, pmi extreme rage razor 14 inch + stock 12 inch.
I read the thread about breaking in the acs bolt so i spent 3 nights or so working the spring. I ran about 300-400 balls through it playin around in the back yard and only had one break, however when i got on the field today it turned into a spray can. It seemed to get better after another 600 rounds or so but still breaking one here and there. So maybe it just needs extra breaking in or maybe there is something else someone can suggest. It also seemed to be double shooting quite a bit which i thought the double detent was supposed to prevent.
I also had some trouble getting it up to speed which i dont quite understand. when i was practice shooting at home i had no problem chrono'n it to 280-300 fps but soon as im on the field it wont go over 250 and was very inconsistent speedwise. i tried rampage paint first then switched to marbz which gave slightly better results but not ideal.
The biggest problem however was accuracy. I target shot a little with the stock barrel and could tell that it wasnt very good so i picked up the pmi extreme rage razor (only one i could find without ordering). maybe it was due to other probs i was having but it seemed very inaccurate.i could see them curving befor hitting a target like 25 feet away. Ill probobly return the barrel unless anyone has anything good to say about it, is it just a junk barrel? I have a JJceramic for my tippman pro/carbine and will probly get a barrel adapter so i can use it on the spyder. Do barrel adapters coz any performance issues?
Hopefullly you guys can provide some advice that can get it where i want it to be. And yes i want to keep the gun CO2 powered for now, as most of my playing is buddies in the woods i dont want to be dragging around a scuba tank to keep refilling when im not at a regular field.

Last edited by Dr.No : 03-04-2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:28 PM
A Jarhead

Default Re: first day out, not so good

the inconsistency part of it is because u need a regulator....or hpa or nitrogen....to make the consistency better.....and the paintballs breaking is probably because of ur barrel
Old 03-04-2006, 05:35 PM

I tried rolling a few balls through the barrel and they seemed to be going through ok. 1 stuck but took very little pressure to blow it out. Are there any reg's worth buying that dont cost 100$+. i saw a pure energy for like 40 but the reviews ive read on it were pretty bad.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Marine Corps.

well .. try breaking in the ACS bolt even more ... besides that .. always clean your gun

The double shooting would be your trigger bouncing .. You can prevent this by doing the magnet mod on www.ottersccustoms.com

The FPS problem would be caused because of the climate changes .. Co2 is affected by climate at unbelievable heights.

Accuracy is never awesome in a paintball gun .. because the projectiles are round .. and they're filled with paint ... Co2 doesn't make it any better because of spiking. Clean your barrel out clean with warm water and then dry it out, and then try. If that doesn't work either .. make sure your paint is perfectly round or almost. Make sure there's a perfect barrel to paint match meaning .. make sure it fits just right and not rolling out or getting too stuck. There can be a lot of factors ... so you'll just have to improve on them one by one ...

I'v never used the Razor barrel .. so i wouldn't know .. but i don't think i'v heard of that barrel before ... Try a Teardrop, J&J ceramic, or the CP one piece

Edit: Well .. i just saw the recent post and decided to add to it
Well for a reg .. you could probably find one used (boblong torpedo) for around .. 35 bucks .. good deal good reg. But since the Pilot has the weird VA your also going to need a new VA ... preferably the Assault block, or Trinity. Then your gonna need a Macroline Kit and a new ASA ... Im not sure if your gonna want to go through all of this but .. if you are then good luck
Old 03-04-2006, 07:40 PM

I know paintballs arent exactly accurate but im talking major curving almost every time i shot today. i cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and tried different paints.
the barrel to paint match is something i apparently dont understand well yet. if its not supposed to roll out or get stuck then what should it be doing? I think i may just sell my tippman and get the j+j barrel kit so i can just match to the paint i have. ive got a j+j 16 inch on it and it works better than any ive had.
i would definitly jump on a bob long torpedo for that price and wouldnt mind doing the mods at all. im just kinda broke from getting it this far. anyone looking for a good woodsball sniper gun? lol

hmmm maybe its not the barrel maybe its my curse heh http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/464/

Last edited by Dr.No : 03-04-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:08 AM

I am going to try the magnet trig mod but for now i just replaced the trig return with a bit stiffer spring. seems to work pretty well.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:45 AM
grrrrr

i tried out my pilot (none acs one) last weekend and it worked perfect. so my guess is its the acs bolt. dunno if it matters but my gun set up is:

Spyder Pilot (sky blue)
Proto 14" barrel
48cu 3000psi tank(compressed air)
normal viewloader 200rd. hopper.

shot perfect, and the barrel is ok but thats just cause i expect every shot to hit the person. fairly acurate barrel though.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Marine Corps.

hmm.. is it still chopping ?? have you tried it yet ??
Old 03-08-2006, 07:16 PM

not yet, i need to get some paint. i ended up doing the magnet mod last night. seems ok. not a whole lot more resistance than the spring if any but it is nice and smooth. I guessing it wont wear out like a spring either. Hopefully i can make it to pick up some paint tommorrow and give it a try.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 AM

i dont think your problem has anything to do with your barrel i have one and have yet to have a problem with it and i use it quite a bit because it works very well with pmi paint which is cheap