Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2006, 09:47 PM
nakedninja nakedninja is offline
New Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default barrels

ok im looking for a 12" barrell under 100$ dollars shipped? any tips or links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2006, 10:12 PM
bungeye bungeye is offline
The Idiotic Kiwi
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Whangarei, North of Auckland.
Posts: 277
Default Re: barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja
ok im looking for a 12" barrell under 100$ dollars shipped? any tips or links
im sure u will find a good 1 for under $100 even under $50

try a teardrop. and y 12"? ild suggest 14"
__________________
My 3 life mottos

1) Buy in bulk and save
2) Cutting in line gets you nowhere, except to the front of the line
3) If something has gone wrong. Its easy to blame yourself, but its EVEN eaiser to blame someone else.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2006, 06:09 AM
pman15's Avatar
pman15 pman15 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pa,newtown square
Posts: 559
Default Re: barrels

y a 12 inch or 14?



when u can get a 21 inch barrel for 40 bucks!

go 2 www.shop4paintball.com

and they have the 21 inch 4 40 bucks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2006, 09:02 AM
ooglieboogliebob ooglieboogliebob is offline
Marine Corps.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: barrels

don't listen to him ... a 21 inch barrel doesn't do anything but lag you down .. there's nothing you can really use it for ... I'd stick with 12-14 .. good accuracy (depending on the barrel) as well as distance. a 21 inch barrel would just have airloss, as well as distance
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Dr.No Dr.No is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 46
Default Re: barrels

A friend of mine got one of the 20 inch ( maybe 21 or 22) 3 piece barrel for his spyder and it was complete junk. maybe just the brand of barrel but the middle section was wider than the front and back so any time the ball got to that spot it would break like 8-10 in the barrel not from chopping. it also seemed to burn his air alot faster. I told him he would have better luck if he took it off the gun and used it for a billy club.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2006, 10:01 PM
nakedninja nakedninja is offline
New Guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default Re: barrels

Thank you I was looking at the lapco snap shot it has excellent reviews and i thinbk the money is worth it if it performs. just wondering if anyone has used one tested one or owns one.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Skidds's Avatar
Skidds Skidds is offline
Blood...... :)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In germany..you muffafuffa!!
Posts: 48
Default Re: barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedninja
ok im looking for a 12" barrell under 100$ dollars shipped? any tips or links
For barrels in the 30$-40$ range I recomend these....

CP (custom Products)
Dye Xcel
Smart Parts Teardrop
J+J Ceramic S2
Proto
Evil Driver

Either 12" or 14"

A Paintball reaches maximum velocity at 8" and needs 2" more for guidence, so a perfect legnth of the barrel would be 12" or 14" at the max. Anything after that will slow the ball down due to friction on the ball. Those 21" barrels are just for hype and dont work, you will have to turn up your velocity and will loose more air. Trust me, I have at least 12 barrels, all 12" or 14".... I highly recomend the CP 14" You will own the field with that barrel. Well have fun searching and picking one out!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
druid's Avatar
druid druid is offline
Mo Anam Cara (friend of my soul)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: hiding behind my 114/45 :D
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooglieboogliebob
don't listen to him ... a 21 inch barrel doesn't do anything but lag you down .. there's nothing you can really use it for ... I'd stick with 12-14 .. good accuracy (depending on the barrel) as well as distance. a 21 inch barrel would just have airloss, as well as distance
Listen to ^^^^ him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidds
For barrels in the 30$-40$ range I recomend these....

CP (custom Products)
Dye Xcel
Smart Parts Teardrop
J+J Ceramic S2
Proto
Evil Driver

Either 12" or 14"

A Paintball reaches maximum velocity at 8" and needs 2" more for guidence, so a perfect legnth of the barrel would be 12" or 14" at the max. Anything after that will slow the ball down due to friction on the ball. Those 21" barrels are just for hype and dont work, you will have to turn up your velocity and will loose more air. Trust me, I have at least 12 barrels, all 12" or 14".... I highly recomend the CP 14" You will own the field with that barrel. Well have fun searching and picking one out!
.....and him^^^^^
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 PM.