Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Air Systems
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2008, 10:35 PM

Default Hpa

im a newbie and intrested in using HPA for my E-MR1 and i have acess to nitrogen at 4500 psi what equipment do i need to fill a tank?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Hpa

i deal with aricraft and work with a nitrogen oh HPA whichever you choose builds up to 4500 PSI using a 4 stage hydraulic booster compressor can i use this to fill a tank if i decide to use HPA?
Old 08-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

You need a fill station.

http://www.paintball-discounters.com/get_list_151.htm

The first one is for use on a scuba tank, the second is for bottles. They also make ones that are for self filling at fields, but you're looking at even more money. (BTW - I don't recommend the online store these are from - I've never shopped there, so I don't know if they're any good!)

Our field actually made a ghetto fill station that was just a nut, pipe and fill nipple thing...dangerous, if you don't know what you're doing, and expensive - but not as bad as the one you can buy.

Edit - just grabbed this link from google...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:11 PM

http://www.equipmentonoffer.com/sgns...nerator.aspits this it has a servicing hose of only 4000 psi would this work?? its not your usual shop compressor it works of a deisel engine
Old 08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

the page didn't come up for me, but I don't think so. You want something with a higher psi rating than the output of the tank - just to be safe.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:49 AM

ok i just got word that it does put out 4500 of either nitrogen or air wichever i choos by the fliip of a switch. i dont knwo much about HPA but if i get a 3000psi tank can i use this compressor to fill to 3000psi and be done with?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:04 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

You should be able to. Just watch it carefully and don't overfill it!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:39 PM
don't let your meat loaf

I don't see why you would even need a regulator(Unless your all about saftey ). Anyway, if your tank is a 3000 psi tank and your compressor puts out 4500 psi you should be able to hook it to the line and fill the tank but be careful not to over fill. The field I go to has their compressor set at 4000, so if you have a 3000psi tank you have to watch out and not over fill. If there is no way to bleed the air from the fill line you may have issues taking it off the quick disconnect nipple. 3000 psi tends to exert a lot of pressure on those little ball bearings . I assume that the compressor has a guage and you can tell what psi you are running. Good luck and be safe. Wear protection if you choose to try to fill with this thing. Also, ask some one else where you work and if they do this: You might want to rethink it!

PBNTrust