Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM

Default leaving gun cocked

Hey guys I just have a question about leaving my spyder pilot cocked. I have a little setup for reballs and since I use it often I was wondering if I could leave the gun cocked when the main spring has been taken out. I just dont want to unsrcrew the tank to uncock the gun after each time I use it, since I loose 20+ shots.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Default Re: leaving gun cocked

Wow. That's dangerous. Normally, leaving it cocked isn't that big of a deal other than over time it'll mess with your springs, but what you're saying is you want to leave it cocked while it's aired up - making you the next bad statistic in a game that gets more than it's fair share already.

How do you propose to remove the spring while air is still on the gun? All the assembly will shoot out the back, you'll lose the seal and the air will blow out anyways.

Just get an on/off asa if you're that concerned about it. Or, shoot your gun down when you finish with it. Unscrew it a bit, about a turn and a half, shoot your gun a couple of times. It should decock itself. If not, unscrew it another half turn and shoot again.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Ok thanks the reson for doing this is just to save air. About removing the main sping it worked fine when I did it. I am getting a new asa soon.

Thanks for the help
Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Old Enough

All you have to do to un-cock a gun that's aired up is to keep it from making full contact with the valve. Hold onto the cocking knob and pull the trigger like normal as if your shooting it. When the bolt release gently rest it on the forward position and you should be all good.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Like flipping someone off, but better.

Have to go with Master Tech there. It's what I do even when there isn't gas in the marker, just to save wear on the striker and valve stem.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Old Enough

Keeping the gun cocked with the striker spring compressed will weaken it and result in low velocities the next time you go out to play.