Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2008, 07:08 PM
New Guy

Default spyder 08 electra w/ eyes question

I am currently using a spyder rodeo and was considering the 08 electra as my next gun. I plan on using the gun for fun at my local field and maybe some local tournaments as I get better. So what are your thoughts about the gun for the people who own one or used one? Is it good for what I need it to do? Is it a good reliable gun? How well does it stand up to guns like the ion and such? I also hear the gun can use CO2, does it have to be anti siphoned CO2 or will normal CO2 work?

Thanks.

Edit: Also as a side question is the 18v led kingman hopper good since I was going to buy that with it.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:59 PM
sna'foo.....um.....gesund heit

Default Re: spyder 08 electra w/ eyes question

It will serve you much better than your Rodeo. Much easier to tech, understand and clean than any Ion. Use a/s C02 on any marker you plan to use C02 on. Fasta is a nice hopper. The one I use on all my markers. My Zeggo is currently retired -
KUSA Old School Alumni #4939

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius while feeling alone apposed to smiling adversaries....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6&dateline=1201845216
Old 08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
not a nublet, sheesh.

Well I think his question is more, do you HAVE to use a/s co2? You can get away with straight co2 on all oldschool spyders, but these newfangled LP gadgets are a bit different doncha know.

I would think straight co2 would be ok, so long as you didn't rip on the trigger.. which I expect you'd have a hard time not doing... as thus, a/s would definitely be a good idea.
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker

Green/silver VSC CCI Phantom

Red/Black PMR SE
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM
New Guy

Alright thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
New Guy

Would straight CO2 be fine if only to shoot a pod of paint? I just want to test it out when it gets here tomorrow and I don't have a compressed air tank yet.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:19 PM
The Gumpster

Co2 will be fine for almost any Spyder, you shouldnt really worry, I just dont use Co2 period because I hve compressed air. However when you shoot a pod tommorow you might experience some shoot down if you try for speed and walk it faster.
"You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there. Your world is right for the next couple hours. This is your heaven on earth. Live it. Love it. Paintball for life."
Red Proto jersey, USED ONCE!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:09 PM
New Guy

I tested the gun but I had a slight problem, when shooting (ramping modes) it sometimes wouldn't recock its self. im assuming that has to do with the co2 but if its not let me know how to fix it. also my one tank doesn't seem to fit in far enough, the pin doesn't go far enough to bush the button on the tank yet my other one does work, why is this? And lastly where is the aerial number on the gun so I can register for warranty? I see 8 white numbers on the side of the gun im assuming that's it but im not sure.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Old Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by code65 View Post
I tested the gun but I had a slight problem, when shooting (ramping modes) it sometimes wouldn't recock its self. im assuming that has to do with the co2 but if its not let me know how to fix it. also my one tank doesn't seem to fit in far enough, the pin doesn't go far enough to bush the button on the tank yet my other one does work, why is this? And lastly where is the aerial number on the gun so I can register for warranty? I see 8 white numbers on the side of the gun im assuming that's it but im not sure.
It's possible that your tank valve pin is barely opening, make sure you have the tank screwed in all the way. Have the on/off knob of the adapter unscrewed in the off position before you screw in your tank. It may also be that the pin on your tank valve is short and not making proper contact with the on/off adapter pin depressor.

Yes, the number on the side of you gun is the serial number...
Old 08-19-2008, 12:40 AM
New Guy

Everything is screwed in all the way. You say about the pin being short, is it possible to get a longer one? The pin from top to bottom at a guess seems to be 1 and 1/3 inches.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Old Enough

Based on my measurements the pin depressor should be almost 1 3/4" or 1.72", if yours measures 1 1/3" then it's too short.

Call Kingman and ask for a replacement.