Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Shop Talk - Reviews - Polls > Shop Talk > Custom Shop
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
<<< my friend's idea of good camouflage...

Default Gewehr 43

Okay, so here's the idea. I was hoping to buy some wood and cut it out, shape it, etc, and turn my Victor II into a Gewehr 43 rifle. I think It would be wise of me to invest some money into an MR1 and use it instead of a Victor II just because then there is less hassle with trying not to cover the internals of the marker. Plus it gives me a picatinny rail to use for a scope. I plan on making this my primary sniper and using my MR2 as a sort of infantry type marker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewehr_43

theres some info and photos of what I plan on making it look like. I plan on doing some hardcore modifying to make this work, things like cutting off the unused parts of the grip and making the trigger the only thing that sticks out, etc.

The plan for the wood was to make two halves of the gewehr 43, and using screws to hold the wood together in place over the MR1. Although I do not have an MR1 YET, I hope to get one in the not too distant future. My biggest problem in designing right now is the Gew 43's magazine (yeah you are right irish, the magazine will definetly not be wide enough on the MR1, but i didn't want to use a 50 cal one just because thats a little too big). Anyone have any ideas as of to what I should do for a magazine? I was thinking about buying a Gewehr 43 reproduction dummy magazine and using it or just making a similar sized wooden magazine, painting it, and screwing it into the wooden body. Anyone have any ideas and or changes for this project (not just the mag, if you have better idea for the body or maybe a better marker to use then tell me )? I'm open to many ideas just because I'm only in the designing stage of this. Thanks All!

SNIPER

-A skilled military rifleman detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
-One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Those who that say a paintball sniper doesn't exist, haven't come across one yet.

View My Special Ops Brigade Page
Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 AM
resident noob :D

Default Re: Gewehr 43

Id be willing to sell my fully stock mr1, its LINB LMK

Quote:
especiialypsycho: i dont like the clamshell feel
armedfuture: you realize the Alias frame is a clamshell as well?
especiialypsycho: Yesh with a little different milling so its k
armedfuture: lawl
armedfuture: that's contradictory
especiialypsycho: no its not
especiialypsycho: its personal preferance!
armedfuture: it would be given you could spell preference
FEEDBACK+8/-0
SOC
PBN