Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > Spyder Markers > Electronic Markers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2006, 10:43 PM
New Guy

Question compressed air

So i got my new pilot and i love the gun but know im ready for commpressed air i would like to have the tank mounted off the gun with a line my question is what regulators if any do i need and do i still have to use the high pressure expansion chamber? i would like to remove this but dont have to. i was reading that compressed air dosent need the chambers because its not in liquid form( thanks otter ) and i figured this was the place to ask any feedback you guys have would be great. Thanks, on a side note i dont believe i have the ACS pilot. What would i need to buy to make it an ACS bolt? Just the bolt? what does this do for me? What do you guys recomend? I watched the breaking the bolt videos. And knwo im really confused?

Last edited by nakedninja : 03-01-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:42 AM

Respected, period.

Default Re: compressed air

First of all, Welcome to the forum. You won't find a better group anywhere on the net.

Now, compressed air, are you talking about a remote line for your compressed air? Technically you don't need a regulator, you can stick with the expansion chamber that is on there. Spyders are built to run at about 800 psi, which is the typical output pressure of a HPA tank. Now, if you would like to replace the expansion chamber and put a regulator on there, which I think is a good choice, I'd go with a CP, BL Torpedo or a Palmers Stabilizer.

The ACS Bolt is a good upgrade. It helps reduce the amount of breech chops that you get. Besides breaking it in, which is easy, you don't need to buy anything else to make it work with you gun. They my 2 different ACS bolts, aluminum and delrin, get the delrin.

Hope I helped, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

KUSA Feedback

2006 Non-Spyder of the Year - The Shunut Spimmy

Shunut Creations
Old 03-02-2006, 08:21 AM
grrrrr

so the pilot will still work if you just attach a compressed air tank on it instead of a CO2 correct? i don't gotta change nothin?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Marine Corps.

yep, since spyder's run at about 800psi and the air tanks do also. As long as everything's stock you should be fine. If not, you could always get a springkit to down the FPS
Old 03-10-2006, 06:37 AM
New Guy

Shunut,

You mentioned breaking the ACS bolt in. What is the best practice for breaking it in?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Bling Bling Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherzy
Shunut,

You mentioned breaking the ACS bolt in. What is the best practice for breaking it in?
You could do a few things.

1. Stuff a rag in the feedneck, screw on a full 20oz and fire till the tank is empty.

or

2. take the bolt out of the gun sit in front of the tv and move the compress the spring over and over.. about 1000 times

Either way will work.

HacKeR

Trust
*AO*IO*KUSA*PBN*PHOG*
You have been roshamboed
BAMF-Hacker's Mood: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Marine Corps.

and number 2 will only take about 3 hours longer ... >.< ... just go and waste 4 bucks for your time ...