Spyder Forums  

Go Back   Spyder Forums > General Spyder Discussion > Veteran Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Official SOC Short Bus Crew

Default Re: Thinking about a pump...

yeah, i knew about those guns, but i meant lower end pumps (pretty much anything nelson-based.)

how does the ring detent work?
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Spyder to pump conversion tutorial!
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
- from Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked this Way Comes
Old 07-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

It just a ring of aluminum that drops in the gun between the barrel and the breech. You match it to your paint, then when the ball drops into the breech, it's held in place by the ring. I haven't ever had luck with mine - I shoot them out of my gun all the time. Not sure why...

I always just use the electrical tape detent. Cut about an inch piece off the rule and fold one end into a point. Then take the other end and fold it over the butt end of the barrel. Screw it in and the tape holds the paint in place. Cheap and very effective!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:57 PM

hmm, i'll have to try that...
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
(7:11:05 PM) Battlechaser: Did you just slaughter George Clooney and steal his mojo..?
"Death doesn't exist. It never did, it never will. But we've drawn so many pictures of it, so many years, trying to pin it down, comprehend it, we've got to think of it as an entity, strangely alive and greedy."
Old 07-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Gun Whore Extraodinair......113 And Counting

Easiest way to get into pump is a open class cocker setup as it is the closest setup as far as feel to a mech or electro gun, you also don't have to worry about paint and air running out all the time like you would with a stock class gun.

cheapest way to do it would be to find a used mech cocker for dirt cheap and throw on a pump kit then you can use the tank and hopper you have now.

if you want even more of a challenge get a stock class phantom (or copy) and go to stock class but then you can only hold 10-15 rounds and 12 grams will only last about 35-40 shots on a good day....lots to think about while playing but weight and challenge can't be beat.

(/my one useful post while on vacation )

Back to gun whoring.....

armedfuture (8:12:32 PM): I'm a big angel
paintball6684 (8:16:09 PM): more like out of control, raging ginger
armedfuture (8:16:40 PM): noooooooo...........
Old 07-19-2008, 04:30 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
I always just use the electrical tape detent. Cut about an inch piece off the rule and fold one end into a point. Then take the other end and fold it over the butt end of the barrel. Screw it in and the tape holds the paint in place. Cheap and very effective!
This is all I do. I have a .688 Ti-stick and just use whatever paint. No paint to barrel matching etc. etc. Drop paint in and shoot it. Tape will do the job!

Teammate uses nail polish. Drop enough in the barrel to make a detent. Once it hardens you're good to go.

Jb.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:04 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

I've always wanted to try the nail polish thing, but never got around to it. Do you have to build it up to a sizeable height, or is one drop enough?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:14 AM
I wanna be formal but I'm here to party!

I think he builds it up. Just enough to make a visible detent. Probably just 2-3 applications at the most.

JB.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Ah-roo! Ah-roo! Ah-roo!

Cool! I'm definitly going to do that next time I use it. Is it pretty solid - I mean, does it stand up to the abuse?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:36 AM

i use nail polish to cover scratches on my gun, and unless i use a nail or sharp object, it doesnt even leave a scratch.
8/23/03 OS KUSA #10898
Project LP Reposted!

Sales Thread

Feedback

Quote:
Old 07-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Life is peachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
It just a ring of aluminum that drops in the gun between the barrel and the breech. You match it to your paint, then when the ball drops into the breech, it's held in place by the ring. I haven't ever had luck with mine - I shoot them out of my gun all the time. Not sure why...

I use a little bubble sticker when i close the bolt it pushes the ball to sit on top of the sticker, doesnt dent it or effect it in anyway other then narrowing it enough to hold the ball firmly inplace, doesnt come out with a squegee(SP) or anything works great.

Armored Units

-Deep insertion APC
-Killer "B" Battle Tank
-Troop Transport APC (almost done)
-Gun Truck heavy support unit (In the works)

-Order of Lenin (1st)
-Skyline Sergeant
-YGP Rep!
-Sector 4 team feild honor recipiant (UCSF)